P2 Titanium fork on FB for sale

I am an admin of the Kona Bicycle Group Facebook Page, among others, so if anyone can provide evidence or proof this user Mark Waldrop Jones is fake, or a scammer, I can take care of it over there.

I DM'd him asking about a Ti Velocity stem he said he had, from a different post in another group for this same Ti P2. He hasn't sent pics yet. He also has a black Hot with TB P2 and two Velocity stems for sale. Does this look familiar to anyone?

1710968683974.png

Last edited:
People I’ve sold items to , have re-used my pics on many occasions. Sometimes a year or so down the line. I know they are legit as obviously I sold it to them.

Not saying it’s not a scam or it is in this P2 sale. But just pointing out that’s not necessarily an indicator of a scam but sometimes laziness.

I’ve been thinking about these today whilst out and contemplating making contact. Not sure now if it’s a potential scam.
We had an estate agent do this in 2012 for a house she previously sold us in 2007, she didn’t notice we’d completely gutted and refitted the place.

I am an admin of the Kona Bicycle Group Facebook Page, among others, so if anyone can provide evidence or proof this user Mark Waldrop Jones is fake, or a scammer, I can take care of it over there.

I DM'd him asking about a Ti Velocity stem he said he had, from a different post in another group for this same Ti P2. He hasn't sent pics yet. He also has a black Hot with TB P2 and two Velocity stems for sale. Does this look familiar to anyone?

View attachment 831855
A SN would be useful as it’d confirm it’s ID in the list.

Hi, if that Hot frame is being offered for sale then I'm certain that at least is a scam as that is my frame (it's TET 367), bought a couple of years ago from someone in Norway (I think). Even the forks (repainted plain black) and the stem (repainted with velocity decals) match, along with a few marks like the small scratch at the top of the down tube. I can't be sure but I think those pictures are the same ones used in the advert when I bought it. It is at my home right now (and it is definitely not for sale!). So I wouldn't trust anything else this "Mark Waldrop Jones" is selling!

Regards, Murphy

Hi, if that Hot frame is being offered for sale then I'm certain that at least is a scam as that is my frame (it's TET 367), bought a couple of years ago from someone in Norway (I think). Even the forks (repainted plain black) and the stem (repainted with velocity decals) match, along with a few marks like the small scratch at the top of the down tube. I can't be sure but I think those pictures are the same ones used in the advert when I bought it. It is at my home right now (and it is definitely not for sale!). So I wouldn't trust anything else this "Mark Waldrop Jones" is selling!

Regards, Murphy
Good to know!
That one in the advert has a rear U-brake. There can’t be many Hot’s like that.

Back