Proto Bontrager Sale … + cool 1997 Racelite on fbk.

You do need to be a member of that group.

Friends, if anyone is serious about owning a true piece of MTB history, please reach out. 1995/6 prototype RASTAS are each 1 of only 2 in existance. And 1997 RaceLite is the quintessential production Bontrager we all love. The ~1986, pre-wishbone fully brazed bike is a beauty in every way.
$550 Orange RaceLite 17"CTT
$1200 Rasta HT alum/steel proto 17"CTT $1900 Rasta FS proto w/black crown Judy XC 17.5"CTT
$3200 Brazed
would much rather these go to members of this group vs going to eBay, but do need to move them 1 way or another.
Those who know me can vouch for my flexibility to make a deal. Thanks.

Both for sale from someone who bought a collection after the original owner passed away.

1000006121.png

You do need to be a member of that group.

Friends, if anyone is serious about owning a true piece of MTB history, please reach out. 1995/6 prototype RASTAS are each 1 of only 2 in existance. And 1997 RaceLite is the quintessential production Bontrager we all love. The ~1986, pre-wishbone fully brazed bike is a beauty in every way.
$550 Orange RaceLite 17"CTT
$1200 Rasta HT alum/steel proto 17"CTT $1900 Rasta FS proto w/black crown Judy XC 17.5"CTT
$3200 Brazed
would much rather these go to members of this group vs going to eBay, but do need to move them 1 way or another.
Those who know me can vouch for my flexibility to make a deal. Thanks.

Both for sale from someone who bought a collection after the original owner passed away.

View attachment 794241
Thanks for clarification @slackboy

Awesome to know … my follow on sentance was just raise awareness that sometimes facebook links do not work for those not already registered / egngaed with facebook.

Personally would love that f/s proto (am dim0ly aware of seeing one using a non conventional shock / leaf spring unit of not quite sure but yellowish fibregalss? material) . Both frames are new bonty discoveries to me… hope a member on here finds a way to bring them home.

The guy selling is a top bloke. He’s very helpful if you are looking for something Bontrager related

Back