Over half way through the year and so far I've only bought

Re:

For the first time in a long time I've definitely sold more than I've bought. I think the only non consumable has been a pair of Alpkit Jones copy bars. More selling to come too, lost quite a bit of bike mojo at present :( .

Re:

Happened to me when I started the motor biking. Everything goes in cycles (pun intended) though and it only lasted so long.

Funnily, in the opposite to you. I tend to spend less when my bike mojo is good. It's when it's low that I tend to buy new bikes as motivation.

Re:

Aye, I recognise it comes and goes, I'll be keeping the Pug and Rooster at the very least. Colnago and Plug road bikes. I may get rid of one of my retro 'keepers' mind you.

Re: Re:

jimo746":1r5rjujh said:
M-Power":1r5rjujh said:
i have finished my last ever retro build, so v little from now on.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Shiat....i was being deadly serious :facepalm: I feel like i have beaten an addiction tbh. A hookers and coke habit would have been much cheaper. When i think back to how much bling i bought on a whim, just out of curiosity, I could give myself a big slap. Two years ago £1K bling was often gone in 60 seconds, now it just sits in the FS section like a chubbster on Tinder.

Re:

I find it's best not to think about this stuff too much, especially when you add in non bike related purchases :shock: .

The three bikes I've bought this year (so far) are enough to keep that guilty feeling ticking over nicely without considering other bits :LOL: . I have sold a few bits and pieces too mind so it's not a total one way street however imports are definitely winning the fight over exports in my house.

End of year update.

For the first time in years I’ve gone the whole year without buying a bike. Not sold any either so my garage still sits at 8.

Parts spending did slip a little in autumn though. My warrrantied Shimano brakes on the Merida failed again within a month, so were replaced with a full set of Sram Guides, to match feel and performance of my other modern bikes. A more aggressive front plus tyre was also added to help keep my in a straight line through winter.
The drive train on the Pugsley was also reaching the end of useful life after 5 hard years on the coast. The chainset only takes specific Surly rings (ie expensive) so I decided just to replace the lot with a 1x11 set up. Also treated it to a new set of fat Minion tyres. On the plus side, I was able to sell of my 9 speed spares collection which paid for most of the tyres.

A few riding plans in the 2018 diary already, and some potential options may need a bit of tweaking to my line up, so not expecting next year to be quite so static. :)

Re:

I've been pretty good my self this year (well for me) I sold quite a bit (amazingly for me) bought some spares (not a lot for me) finished a few new builds (yes really) AND YES I WILL BE DOING LOADS OF RIDING NEXT YEAR (bikes obviously) :?

I've simply carried on doing what I started sometime back in 1986 - farting around with old bicycles, something I shall carry on with regardless as it keeps me sane. This site is purely a coincidence that there are others out there that do similar (but not as good/ bad as me). I buy I sell I reap I sow...

I hoard, no, not hoard, I keep it all for another generation, the one that will come after me and has to clear it all up.

7c624c7317deb192d805b6d9df3e2e75.jpg

Sold loads more this year and down to 3 bikes.

Next year is recovery for finances after extension build so cannae see me expanding unfortunately.

Back