Other Retro stuff

Yup. Tamiya (or in fact any retro RC) stuff sells better broken into parts than as whole vehicles.

£30's pretty good really, you should take a look at Sand Scorcher prices! :shock: :roll:

Very much like the bikes

I wasinto old Hifi but got sick of the :shock: nts on AV forums driving me nuts - I used to work for TAG McLaren Audio, Quad and Mission - all with somne highly sought after kit.

have a HUGE stack of retro car headunits ;)

Seems quite a few of us go for the bike/RC/hifi retro route.

Ive just picked up my B&O Beomaster 2400 and Leak speakers from my parents place. one of a few B&O retro bits i own, but since i dont own any Records or cassettes its the only bit still of use to me on a regular basis. Ipod hooks up to it quite nicely.

1978 with touch sensitive controls....not too unlike my 2008 Ipod touch !

Also have an old Team associated RC10 in the loft (as discussed else where on here not all that long ago)

Defiant":lkbtnrmu said:
GTRTS&AVALANCHE":lkbtnrmu said:
psyclone1976":lkbtnrmu said:
House music, i'm a big fan of late 80's early 90' dance music. :cool:

With you on the early 90's stuff, and I'm also way in to mid 90's happy harcore, drum and base and a bit of techno (not the really dark stuff though).

how cool was that period! :D
So many great songs,..
i used to work with a organisor back then of the biggest rave party's around,..with the happy hardcore and Gabber (who rembers that! ;) ) and so on,..was a great time,..

Me too! I'm pretty sure that my fixation with early 90's bikes is related to the fact that it was probably the best times of my life. Spent all my time/money going to raves and buying records. Still got 2 packing crates full in my basement but gave up hope of djying stardom years ago :D
Use this sites forum loads - www.backtotheoldskool.co.uk ;)

lol - HiFi. Not top end, but at the same time I was lusting after an Ozone I wanted an Arcam Alpha 5 Amp with a Marantz CD52 MkII SE CD player. Remember playing my personal choices on it in the Manchester store, having snobby shop assistant turn his nose up and then be really impressed. Shame I spent my student loan on an Explosif instead!

Still love the old Linn HiFi adverts.

Furniture too, but only stuff that I covet AND can get a good deal on ;)

have a pair of original early 60's Bertoia side chairs, an original Eames DKR with Eiffel base and hopsack bikini cover and a Robin Day fibreglass swivel chair. Total investment of about £115 :)

also have some nice 'modernist' bits that arent really design classics, but fit, and I like.

also, vinyl, which I use/play; Penguin paperbacks; Casio Telememo watches; trainers (not so much these days).

stems from my dad, hes always been a bit 'Toad of Toad Hall' if you know what I mean?

theboy":3svuwjiu said:
Furniture too, but only stuff that I covet AND can get a good deal on ;)

have a pair of original early 60's Bertoia side chairs, an original Eames DKR with Eiffel base and hopsack bikini cover and a Robin Day fibreglass swivel chair. Total investment of about £115

Nice prices The best deal i had was 4 verner panton Cone chairs(Vitra) in orange tonus fabric for £600!! I thought it was a Bargain.

Back