Why are all retro road bikes massive?😀

Something with an early 90s flavour. Lemond, Merckx Motorola, Banesto etc.
Will be selling this soon if you're interested. Recent annual strip & rebuild with NOS 7410 BB. Pro issue DA7410 groupset and Tecno 416 wheels.

Fillet brazed Genius, would be very close if not identical to what Bugno etc used in Team Polti/MG-GB in 1994/1995. Frame would benefit from a re-spray it has some small chips and a small dent down tube. I just found my childhood dream bike and can only justify one vintage machine to the woman haha. I have a Scapin KS-Pro that everyone raved about when I asked for opinions/reviews. This rides better.

56X56 CtC so might be too big however. What is your height?

0B6EEBAE-FE00-4C78-836D-F1A91BB79E2D (2).JPG

IMG_0869.jpg

Will be selling this soon if you're interested. Recent annual strip & rebuild with NOS 7410 BB. Pro issue DA7410 groupset and Tecno 416 wheels.

Fillet brazed Genius, would be very close if not identical to what Bugno etc used in Team Polti/MG-GB in 1994/1995. Frame would benefit from a re-spray it has some small chips and a small dent down tube. I just found my childhood dream bike and can only justify one vintage machine to the woman haha. I have a Scapin KS-Pro that everyone raved about when I asked for opinions/reviews. This rides better.

View attachment 770658

View attachment 770659
I could find room, maybe 🥵

View attachment 770658

View attachment 770659

The second pic looks like a difference bike with nicer wheels fitted

This is going to a bit f***ed up - but it actually looks faster too !

The second pic looks like a difference bike with nicer wheels fitted

This is going to a bit f***ed up - but it actually looks faster too !
The bars are tilted upwards slightly and it has 50/38 fitted so a slightly different set-up in 2nd pic. I love both looks equally.

The Aero wheels look amazing on a sunny day when the light hits them. Polti used Cosmics in 94 on certain stages but I preferred the look of the Tecno's and they were NOS too. These are basicaly Shamals with different hubs, Gipiemme actually manufactured and supplied the rims for Campagnolo. I believe Shamal, Vento and Atlanta were all Gipiemme.

Apologies to the O.P for the thread hi jack,

For me the black Rims and amber walls married to a white frame just works so well
Rarely say this but I would change a thing !

The bars are tilted upwards slightly and it has 50/38 fitted so a slightly different set-up in 2nd pic. I love both looks equally.

The Aero wheels look amazing on a sunny day when the light hits them. Polti used Cosmics in 94 on certain stages but I preferred the look of the Tecno's and they were NOS too. These are basicaly Shamals with different hubs, Gipiemme actually manufactured and supplied the rims for Campagnolo. I believe Shamal, Vento and Atlanta were all Gipiemme.
I have some later black Gipiemme Equipe 716s if anyone is interested. The only reaon I haven't listed them here is I'm a bit hesitant about posting them.

Back