Orange vitamin t going for an arm and a leg

Re:

One or two bits not original but generally it looks like a bike that was bought, then stored with occasional light use. I agree with the money side of the kitchen, house, conservatory so more than likely they can't remember when or roughly how much but they might just be throwing it out there for a silly amount to see if they get any bites.

Given the description showing he can't be arsed to fill it in properly shows a lack of interest in the bike but more after the cash. The description box shows it as Kona Blast? As to it's age the first time I can see vit t's in Oranges own catalogues is the 93/94 one.

As usual with these older vits/titanium bikes the worry areas seem to be the welds and cracks so as long as the bike is good then I would say between £400-£600 depending on how good a wheeler dealer you are when bargaining.

Re:

I think the frame looks pretty good, and whats said before providing there's no cracks. I personally don't think there's to many orginal parts on it, has specialized saddle, not the orginal stem, bars, forks. The rims look like late 90's and not sure about chainset year, as difficult to identify. But obviously the heart of the bike is the frame, and that's where the value is, l agree with you anything from 400 to 600. Will watch it on eBay with interest to see what it goes for. Could be there for a while!!

I noticed this on eBay,they'd be better selling it as a frame only to get top money. £1500 they'll never sell it,regardless of the XTR an XT parts. If it was a frame only there'd be a bidding frenzy.

Re:

I checked back and sold my much nicer version of the same frame for a fraction of that and struggled to sell as a frame only. From memory I offered it as a full bike as well with full retro build inc M900 XTR, USE Ti, Syncros etc for less than two thirds that price and didn't find a buyer.

That's back when the market was good so this bloke should have no chance. :roll:

Back