Orange R8 - time for some Halifax steel

Today Mr Postie brought me this :)

IMG_4025.jpg

I actually managed to find the gold bore caps - I'm glad I persevered - as I think they go rather nicely.

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

I could actually be tempted to maybe go with gold Hope QRs - and maybe a gold Salsa LipLock?

Chain has been degreased using the @Gtpulse bottle trick o_O An old spoke makes chain manipulation in the bottle a doddle👍
Laying the bottle on it's side, lid propped on summat handy like a roll of tape, make it easy to get a lot of chain in the cleaner fluid.

So a few bits sorted - a few more bolts tightened - lacking brake pads and grips - but took it for a quick spin this arvo.

Feels really good - really need to get the brakes sorted and get it out for a ride - happy days :)

Looks like Wadsy has just given a ThumbsUp to the question I haven't even asked him yet :LOL::LOL:

OK - so the new (to me) rear mech arrived.
Basically the one I had, the chain dropped off the lower jockey and snagged between the jockey and the cage when the chain was u on the biggest sprockets.
Much faffing suggested that the rear mech was toast - seems Aest jockey wheels are too wide and a broken (aka "repaired") cage don't work!
Needless to say, the XX1 mech went on and is changing gears without issues :)

Still on the lookout for a white Crest rim - or wheel - in 24h :)

Which do you prefer?
IMG_4173.jpg IMG_4174.jpg

OK - so the new (to me) rear mech arrived.
Basically the one I had, the chain dropped off the lower jockey and snagged between the jockey and the cage when the chain was u on the biggest sprockets.
Much faffing suggested that the rear mech was toast - seems Aest jockey wheels are too wide and a broken (aka "repaired") cage don't work!
Needless to say, the XX1 mech went on and is changing gears without issues :)

Still on the lookout for a white Crest rim - or wheel - in 24h :)

Which do you prefer?
View attachment 643529 View attachment 643530
Prefer the black rim, but think it would look nice with two different rims because of the white fork... So black in the rear and white in the front. Variety is the spice of life and its a feck you in the face of purism

So it looks like the R8 is going to be wearing some black Crests on Hope Pro3 XC6 hubs.

I managed to get myself two 3/4 wheelset.
A white crest on a XC3 24h front hub - and a XC3 24h rear hub - and a 32h rim :rolleyes:
Then bagged a virtually NOS wheel of black Crest on Pro3 XC6 rear - and another NOS black Crest in 24h - but no front hub.

But it looks like @Sundayjumper might just have made my day and has an front XC6 he's happy to sell :)

Front wheel build is under way - brakes are being bled.
Swapped the freehub to a shiny XD one.
Have some nice new rubber to fit once the wheels is built.

Back