Orange Prestige - Retro Hope Disc Conversion - For Sale

Re: Orange Prestige - Finished bike on page 4

I've still got the RC30s, given how much it cost to get them re-chromed I daren't get rid of them.

I still need to sort out the bars and stem, I'd like to go back to flat bars and I think I've worked out how to do it whilst still maintaining the cockpit position that the risers give me.

After getting drenched on the way to work I had a lovely ride home

temporary_zps83baf2aa.jpg

As the keen eyed amongst you may have spotted; I've swapped the Smoke & Dart for some hybrid tyres, don't worry these are just a temporary measure and once the Clockwork is built the classic Panaracers will be going back on the Prestige.

Yep like this !! Well done feller great bike,,,I'm liking oranges more and more ,,

Been on a little night ride, note the radial laced front wheel is just a temporary measure for the winter I'll be putting the old wheels back on in the new year when the weather improves.

Hope Brake Conversion

Back in December I stumbled across these on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/hope-universa ... true&rt=nc

Which I was quite excited about as I've got a spare set of C2 brakes and a pair of wheels with Ti-Glide disc hubs. Alas it was all to good to be true and the sell has gone silent. So I spent the last three months searching for parts and bought most of Hope's back catalogue but I've finally got everything I need for the brake conversion. After several mock ups, and a few PMs back and forth with Andy aka dyna-ti, many thanks, I'm almost there and started building it this afternoon.

The first step was to fit the RC30T lowers (and overhaul the headset that did 2000 miles over the winter):

However whilst the RC30T lowers fit in the RC30 crown the spacing is wrong so they've got to come off so I can swap the crown, only problem is that my RC30T crown has a 1 1/8 inch steerer seized in it and the Prestige takes a 1" steerer so off to the machine shop (again) on Tuesday.

Next it was a case of swapping the controls over, gone are the XT shifter brake combo and in there place a set of STX shifters and Hope brake levers which had a complete rebuild before fitting:

The next step was to cut down the rear axel and fit the rear brake:

Again disaster strikes:

For some reason the calliper and the disk don't align so it looks like I'm going to have to do some shimming, grrr

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Front Brake Fitted & Working

I got the bits back from the machine shop and anodisers a few days ago and fitted the front brake this evening, and it works!

temporary_zpszeeqrny8.jpg

Re: Orange Prestige - Hope Disc Upgrade on Page 7

I will do, I've got to redo the front hose anyway as it's way to long, just chipping away at the conversion as and when I can in the evenings.

Back