Orange Prestige 92/93 Period Correct (hopefully!)

You could defo still get those decals on the '93 range as the Clockwork that MBUK used to test the 1993 Shimano LX groupo had 'em. ;)

Nice snapshot of 1992/3 there! Good work.

I'm still collecting parts for mine and finding a good time to introduce it to the boss! :D :-/ Mine is like Seans with square txt, I'm going for a 1993/4 style so should be an interesting contrast with yours when it done, cause for photoshoot even maybe! :)

BITD, Summer/Autum 1992 to be exactish I got a frame direct from the Orange factory in Halifax King Cross, the frame was an older one in satin black from 1990/1 but the interesting thing was my mate got a mix of stickers from the factory so the square text was about and ready late 1992, seems to feature mostly on 1993>
great thing about building an Orange is the artistic licence to spec a mix and match of what you like on it. :cool:

Can't wait to get mine sorted and on the trails again. retro Bliss!

Oh, lordy. A sweet set of Pace RC30 with purple ano crown arrived today.... They need a bit of spit and polish but they're going on the front of this as soon as I can get them fettled.

Bling update....

Stem, Chill Pils and RC30's, RC35's on the way

DSC_2978.jpg

DSC_2981.jpg

DSC_2985.jpg

Stunning

Looking good. That catalogue brings back memories! Can remember that very ad inspiring me to buy my Clockwork from Leisure Lakes Preston. Silver/turquoise fade, Suntour XC expert. Loved that bike as it was my first "real" bike.
Ironic that the mag pic showed Raleigh Activator on same page as the Prestige, as my first "mountain" bike was one of those - I exchanged 50 English pounds sterling of the realm with someone who caught it as it fell off the back of some lorry. It was actually heavier than the lorry - the Orange was a revelation by comparison.
Had the orange bug off and on ever since. 96 P7 XT, 97 C16R LX, with RC35s (the wife's), 09 Evo 8 and now a 2007 Clockwork project, couretsy of brocklander!!

I guess you could say I have a bunch of oranges!!

Back