Orange P7 build thread

now completely stripped and gave it a quick clean tonight.

guna try the coke an dtin foil this week as some small spots of service rust. then fit the full XT

on a side note does anyone know what the mark soden sticker is?

That looks like one of those ones you get advertised on Facebook all the time.

Just a previous owner's name I'm guessing.

Looks almost identical to mine! Mine was always a bit of a puzzle as it has the canti hanger on the rear but a 1996 date code.
I had assumed mine had later replacement decals, but it looks as though they did a late batch still with the hanger.

Re:

My 89/90 Clockwork frame features that same style hanger on the wishbone. The P7 looks more like a '93 but with a mix of different period decals applied.

Mine has exactly the same decals, in exactly the same places, and the hanger. With a 96 date code. It's a puzzle.

hamster":fdmncoqi said:
Mine has exactly the same decals, in exactly the same places, and the hanger. With a 96 date code. It's a puzzle.

lol, the bike was originally bought in Middlesbrough according to the sticker on it.

needed to strip the lacquer and after trying the tin foil method - way to much like hard work - i went and bought some £3 paint stripper form wilkos.

its like a glue and just painted on

left for about an hour

went like snake skin. filled a bucket with some soapy water and a green scourer and it come off so easy!n gave it a good rinse and a thorougher dry

real happy, not time for some autosol and fine wool :)

now all polished :)

think its come up really well. used the paint stripper and then autosol and fine wool. took a few hours.

need some decals for her now and have emailed the chap off here but no luck :-/

are these off ebay any good?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orange-P7-mou ... SwONBZCG4l

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Wow! That's well shiny now – really nice work there – are you leaving it just polished and without fresh lacquer?

With the decals – there's something not quite right about them. Series 8 stickers should have a purple border on silver foil; the F7s don't have a kink in the main body of the 'F' element; and the large main Orange font decals are not drawn correctly. Check out this P7:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;start=20

Back