Orange must be my lucky colour!.........

Re: New Wheels !!

Just taken delivery of a rather lovely pair of Mavic Crossmax SUP Ceramic wheels to go on the Prestige.
The front wheel is in excellent condition generally but I'll probably give the bearings the once over .
The rear has a couple of small patches where the ceramic coating has worn, but generally they look ace !
The bearing preload need adjusting on both wheels, but they are now running pretty smooth and play free.
Also got a few ano orange bits of bling that will co-ordinate with the paint when that's done !!

It's just a loose build up at the moment to judge how everything sits together.
Next job is to remove the last traces of old paint from all the nooks and crannies, then the frames's ready for painting and frame saving treatment.

Attachments

• IMG_2111.JPG
    IMG_2111.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_2121.JPG
    IMG_2121.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_2117.JPG
    IMG_2117.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 311
Should look pretty once done like the wheels and forks what parts are you going to do orange!!! Thought about pushing boat out on mine and trying get anodising orange to go with a satin black frame,, looking forwards to seeing how orange yours comes out,,,

Re:

Ano orange would look amazing against satin black Go for it ..
For my build I'm going to run with a basically Orange , White & Black scheme.
I'l excuse Mavic for having yellow in their logo !!!!

Re: Prestige project

Hi, here's a pic to illustrate the colour combo I'm going for.
It's loosely based on the type of white/orange fade used on both Prestiges and Clockworks in the early 90s.
I know it's not strictly period accurate, but I'm aiming for a modern interpretation of a Classic here.

Attachments

• ORANGE PRESTIGE PAINT DESIGN 1.jpg
    ORANGE PRESTIGE PAINT DESIGN 1.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 294
Back