Orange Formula

raidan73":21x14do6 said:
Cheshire1980":21x14do6 said:
.....However, what i thought was very odd on this current ebay listing, is that it started with 4 pictures, with the one picture clearly showing all the wear and tear (Rot) around the BB and surrounding area. This picture has been removed on this listing, leaving only the 3 pictures. Why? Why remove this picture...

I saw that fourth photo and this is the thing that sticks out for me too. I can’t see any reason for removing the photo other than to deliberately hide the true condition. Such a bitter end for a once beautiful and historically important bike. Hopefully one day it’ll find someone willing to make the potentially substantial investment required to bring it back to it’s former glory.

I tell you what, if it goes for canal scrap money 50 quid, I pledge to buy it and fully restore it to the best of my ability with decals, and replacement tubes, and source the original one piece bar and stem refinish in the original paint with the help of Dave Yates, Lester and Steve to ensure it is kept in one piece, and Saved.

And document the whole thing on here for better or for worse...

With the investment and time required by everyone to do it properly, its how I value it.

And it would be a crying shame to see it any other way.

Err, no there you go again. WHEN I WAS SELLING IT, I disclosed its full condition and the fact that it needed a FULL RESTORATION! :facepalm:
sinnerman":1k3wysiq said:
fattiman":1k3wysiq said:
What? The fact that I clearly stated in my sale that it needed a FULL restoration, not a half, not a quarter restoration but FULL, yes FULL. That seems quite clear to me, not miss leading anyone. Oh and for then price it is now you could have a cracked E3, a C16R or P7 frame.

So it is yours after all, and you simply haven't got the time to restore it, Was that restoration in Black........LOL.

:facepalm:

Re:

What is classed as a full restoration though? One tube needs replacing? Two, three? I guess that’s the crux of the matter. It’s getting dangerously near a price I would buy it for and hang up in my garage. :facepalm:

Re:

I guess that’s the crux of the matter. It’s getting dangerously near a price I would buy it for and hang up in my garage.

Know nothing of the politics but for £125 I agree.

Where's the bar/stem gone fattiman?

Mr Fattiman

Everyone is entitled to hold an opinion, however the facts aren't negotiable.

The frame is rotted out, you know that as well as Carl and others do - you'd have kept it otherwise.

Please hang it on your wall and save yourself and any credibility you have left on this forum.
You are swimming against a very strong tide of public opinion, by outing were hoping for someone poor naive sole to pull the trigger at £200 before the truth caught up.
I cannot believe you were gullible enough to think the listing would go unchallenged after the controversy it caused last time when in a more complete state.

If you do keep it for the garage ornament please don't powder coat it black as even in a rotted out state it could pose a real trip hazard in a dimly lite workshop.

That said I'm sure we'd send you some grapes,

Oranges would be off the get well present list for fear you'd try and sell them on to others when they've gone way past their sell by date.

Re:

Edited for clarity.

Stating it needs a Full Restoration when we all know what it really needs is completely misleading.

If the seller had any sense of goodwill or honesty they'd ammend the ad and be straight up with it.

They should do the right thing and be honest. It's fubared.

I know this one has some history on here and fattiman has been a past owner but he has stated, at least a couple times in this thread, that he is not the current seller.

raidan73":vgntf3ef said:
I know this one has some history on here and fattiman has been a past owner but he has stated, at least a couple times in this thread, that he is not the current seller.

Must be one hell of a friend....

Still doesn't get away from the fact he's complicit in this very unsavoury listing... and also all previous attempts, worst of all (for me) is the fact he's outted it here in an attempt to attract - Dupe - a member.

Even a bleeding heart liberal would have to concede he ain't looking out for members, with their best interests at heart as others on here do when outting ebay or marketplatts listing...... Its all about the money and personal gain.

Back