Orange E2: new project FINISHED

Re: Orange E2: new project

Nice build so far I've got an early aluminium O and some vector forks laying around was thinking of doing the same .

DICKO10":2kbh1z6s said:
Nice build so far I've got an early aluminium O and some vector forks laying around was thinking of doing the same .
If you want to fit the girvin forks onto the alu O, you will need a shim, as the girvins run with a 1" steerer. The alu requires a 1 1/4 steerer.

Thanks Ollie!
This will probably be a slow burn project over the winter, but I will update when relevant.
I would prefer to go full rigid again, but finding another set of f9 forks for a 21" frame will be tough, but I've done it before!

So the plan at the moment is to fit the girvins on. They have been retro fitted with a fox racing shock, as the elastomers (surprise surprise) where shot!.
They are also relevant as they were an option back In the day.

Edit:
(The forks that is, not the shocks) :facepalm:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 347

Looks like both the E2 and E3 had slight differences made to them depending when they were built.
The early E2's and E3's had canti hangers, until the introduction of the v brake. Then the noodle seemed to pop up on a few of the later ones.

As I recall. Trevor kershaw has an E3 with the noodle.
Not all the later E3's had them fitted though. I have a 1996, 17" E3 without the canti hanger and also without the noodle, it does however have a braze on for a e-type front mech.

Re: Orange E2: new project *2020 UPDATE*

Wow can't believe its been 5 years since my last post on this.

As of today the build starts. I've sold on my Girvin forks which were planned for this build and acquired a set of F9 aluminium forks, which were very difficult to find, especially for a 21" frame and were a factory fitting at that time.

The E2 is a rare old beast, Everyone knows of the fantastic Elite and the E3, But the E2 seems to have been forgotten. Even the adverts for it were very few and far between.

I would like to thank Dossa for posting this advert in the catalogue scans section back in 2011. Any more E2 catalogue/magazine adverts will me gratefully received. :D

Attachments

• E2 advert.jpg
    E2 advert.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 181

Frame and forks. Orange series 9 aluminium.

Attachments

• e2 fork.JPG
    e2 fork.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 182
  • e2 frame2.JPG
    e2 frame2.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 182
  • e2 frame.JPG
    e2 frame.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 182

Orange r9 FIR rims laced to m900.