Orange Clockwork frame date?

Here is my 1993 Clockwork, just taken delivery of it, its going to be stripped, and powdercoated satin black, and then new decals from gil_m will grace it making it nice and fresh.

If you want a new 'O' then contact gil_m he will sort you out.

Attachments

• DSCF3456.JPG
    DSCF3456.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 908
raymondluxuryyacht":xqmydzkh said:
Could you post what seatpost size it takes (to help others). My 93 built frame seems to be smaller than 26.8 and I believe is 26.4. However received wisdom is that 94 built have 26.8. Some have even said theirs have 27.0, though frankly I think they are mistaken or have worn/damaged frames.

Just tried a 26.6 and it fits nice and snug mines an early 93 frame. :)

Looking at your bike jms I'd call it a 1994 and one of the last Clockwork's before they changed to the c16. Those decals were about from late 1992 to 1994 but it looks like yours has Orange branded tubes instead of Tange Infinity from the sticker on the seat tube. Only the last Clockworks used this tubing.

Nice bike btw. Think I was watching this on ebay but then the listing was pulled. I take it you struck a deal with the seller ;)

brocklanders023":2j7wqrff said:
Looking at your bike jms I'd call it a 1994 and one of the last Clockwork's before they changed to the c16. Those decals were about from late 1992 to 1994 but it looks like yours has Orange branded tubes instead of Tange Infinity from the sticker on the seat tube. Only the last Clockworks used this tubing.

Nice bike btw. Think I was watching this on ebay but then the listing was pulled. I take it you struck a deal with the seller ;)

Good Morning Brocker's :D what does that make the tubing on mine?

Morning mate :D If it's a 93 it'll be Tange Infinity and therefore a 'proper' Clockwork imo.

I have no proof of this but think Orange must have planned the move to own brand tubes for the 1995 model year (c16) but run out of Infinity bikes some time in 94 so made some with the new tubes and stickered them up as Clockwork's before the official change to c16 for 95.

brocklanders023":2j7e59zf said:
Morning mate :D If it's a 93 it'll be Tange Infinity and therefore a 'proper' Clockwork imo.

I have no proof of this but think Orange must have planned the move to own brand tubes for the 1995 model year (c16) but run out of Infinity bikes some time in 94 so made some with the new tubes and stickered them up as Clockwork's before the official change to c16 for 95.

Ah i see :) some other differences are the Step in the Seat tube, mine has one but jmsjabb's doesnt. :?:

brocklanders023":2db4slnw said:
Oh yeah, didn't notice that. My old 93 was just like yours :cool:

Just been looking at your thread, yours was a very nice build, and looking at mine to yours it's identical :) I am on the hunt for a Tange Infinity Decal now :)

So my bike is a late 1994 with Orange brand tube and basically what you are saying it is a C16r in all but stickers?
In my restoration then should I go Clockwork or C16r?
It was the eBay bike. I got pissed off so many were ending before time and the guy was local. He wanted an amount and I paid cash.

Back