opinions?

Re:

Never ridden an Orange, only ridden Marins years ago and not much recently so couldn't give a decent comparison.

bluetomgold":2r7doqye said:
Ha! My neighbour's just thrown out a pretty mint looking raleigh cyclone. I'm almost tempted...

Grab it and see what's what with it and a couple of pic's wouldn't go a miss either ;) ..

I doubt it will be very light though :roll: ..

LIVE YOUR DREAM

Especially if youre a shortarse, clockworks are a doddle to find. 21" frames dont seem to appear that often.
Not often when ive got funds is what i should say :(

Re:

Clockworks ride lovely in the real world IMHO.

Not particularly aggressive geometry and steel so comfy.

I've got a Yo Eddy and a Zaskar that are cooler with more 'race breeding' but yet less tempting to throw your leg over on a sunny day...

Muddy paw":3f1yfc1b said:
bluetomgold":3f1yfc1b said:
Ha! My neighbour's just thrown out a pretty mint looking raleigh cyclone. I'm almost tempted...

Grab it and see what's what with it and a couple of pic's wouldn't go a miss either ;) ..

I doubt it will be very light though :roll: ..

No, it's pretty low end. Shimano SIS entry level and plastic/steel cantis. Got thumbshifters, at least, even if they are plastic ones.

I think it might have gone already tbh, will go and have a look.

dyna-ti":slse9yao said:
LIVE YOUR DREAM

Especially if youre a shortarse, clockworks are a doddle to find. 21" frames dont seem to appear that often.
Not often when ive got funds is what i should say :(

WWC":slse9yao said:
Clockworks ride lovely in the real world IMHO.

Not particularly aggressive geometry and steel so comfy.

I've got a Yo Eddy and a Zaskar that are cooler with more 'race breeding' but yet less tempting to throw your leg over on a sunny day...

I think you guys are right. If I've always wanted one, then I'll always want one until I get one. Silly to want for something that a day or two's work pays for pretty easily. Although I am pretty skint at the mo!

Unfortunately though I'm not exactly a shortarse... I'm hoping a 19" will work for me, they seem to be plentiful enough.

Am I right in thinking that the clockwork frames were built by hand in the UK?

Another cheapie, and pretty near by too. I remember when I first heard about the idea of a mountain bike, Muddy Fox was the name that came up. It immediately acquired mythical status. He's saying £30 cash.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Retro-Muddy-F ... SwubRXLIyr

The Raleigh Cyclone disappeared, I'm relieved to say.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I love Muddy Fox and i remember seeing one of those couriers in the shop when i purchased my 88 Explorer and it looked amazing with that crackle paint finish and although i'd jump at the chance of buying the Muddy Fox it isn't what you really want is it ? .

Back