Oops! What was I thinking?

A night of eBaying got me these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120911515283

highest rise I could find without going BMX. Bit more than I wanted to spend! I can see the build costing way more than the bike will ever be worth but hey ho, never mind :)

Missus took it out for a spin last night to see how she liked it and loved it, I must say it did look pretty cool.

Hopefully I'll get a chance later to sit down and order loads more parts.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Have a picture of mine!

IMG_6128.JPG

Start weight 14.5kg not a weight weenie project obviously but just for curiosity...

No pink and gold. My missus is even more reserved than me; black, white with a hint of gold is the order of the day.

Been having a play and was very pleased to find that the bb is regular English thread! :D

Bad news s I have one 48t chainring but it's 144bcd and I don't have any crank arms to fit it to. I also have a 46t 130mm and a few cranks I could use and a couple of 50t but they're too tight in the chainguard. Hmm, didn't really want to be buying cranks and stuff. erming towards using the 46t shimano at the moment.

I'd be happy with 12kg but don't really have a goal. Quite heavy though for such a small bike. I guess when I replace all the chromed parts with alloy it should make a difference.

No, no purple either. A subtle classic looking build is the aim.

This is about th twentieth (appropriately) time I've snuck on here to have a peak. Those gold Araya rims are absolutely incredible. This could look smashing whenit's done.

PS very nice to see johnny69's lovingly hand crafted Raleigh 20alike too :D

Back