One for the missus

Giel

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
As the wife's birthday was coming up and I am usually a bit forgetful when it comes to buying presents I developed a cunning plan that involved a present of such magnitude that I would be in the clear for the next 20 birthday or so. A few musts for this bike were disc brakes, light weight, low maintenance (I'd rather ride than tinker, so dedicated Rohloff frame) and smaaaal size (14"). As if on cue my long time cycling buddy/good friend Yo-eddy pointed me to a heavily discounted 14" Van Nicholas Zion Rohloff frame at on-one.

Scrounging more parts from here (the forks) and a few trading sites as well as a Rohloff wheel from Yo eddy again led to this:

IMG_2203.jpg

The answer to mud is...

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

Middle burn uno 32t gives crazy bracket clearance. Old style square taper will last and last

IMG_2206.jpg

IMG_2207.jpg

At least 1 old school part

IMG_2208.jpg

Cheers, Giel

Giel":1m18b3r7 said:
Middle burn uno 32t gives crazy bracket clearance. Old style square taper will last and last

That's not only the 32th MB ring but also you, using the upper range on the eccenter, bike would be a little more stable when you use the lower range ...... just a suggestion ;)

Wow, thats a stunning build using all the top end stuff. I thought my build for my wife's birthday last year of a classic Marin was plush until I see this! :cool:

Back