One bike only.

I'm a bit bored - all my bikes work!

There are some doubles though - two 1970's style tourers. One brand new and one battered and care worn - would I miss it if it went?

I have a super nice steel MTB for the 'winter' (whatever damp dreary sludge we get this year)

A bike I've owned since 1993 that I have no plans to move on

A rare handbuilt MTB from 1987 that no-one cares about due to the wrong brand name

Two late 1990's full suspension 'lazy' bikes. Both easy to ride, one in steel that should definitely hang around, the other I'm in two minds about

A freebie 3spd road bike that I should do up and pass on

And a shed full of frames and low end stuff that I should get rid of

So there, at least 5 bikes in line for selling or giving away. That should create some space and money...

TO BUY MORE! MORE !!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re:

Titiritero":9sthze8d said:
legrandefromage":9sthze8d said:
I'm a bit bored

Agreed. My post ended up being waaaaay too long! :oops:

No, I completely agreed with your post Titiritero. It's all the reasons why I feel the need to really cut back the number of bikes I have. It's just hard to put it into action! Also, I think I would aim to reduce it to the three I couldn't bear to part with, knowing I probably wouldn't manage to get down that low.

Re:

Since cutting mine down from 9 to 2 i have ridden much more that i have for years :cool:

Sometimes you can have too many bikes !

I've only had one working for quite a while as I keep messing with the Charge :facepalm:, so for a while it was just the Fire Mountain, but I bent the wheel so I bought a Cinder Cone instead. FM will be fixed and back on commuting soon. I only ever use one at a time but I don't often want to part with things unles I don't use them for ages or I don't get on with them. The Cinder Cone's better geometry is starting to make me want to swap the FM for something else, though.
I'm having silly thoughts about Humuhumus and A'has...

Re:

I swore I would not buy another bike and sell at least 3 but then two uuuuuuber rare bikes pop up in the same week.... :facepalm:

Re:

We're doomed - once bitten by the bike bug it seems impossible to have just one.

I do recall having just the one, when I was ten I think.

Wonder if I can go back there for a while?

Re:

It's alright until something turns up on ebay that was the one you 'always wanted' and it's cheap and no one's bid on it and it finishes at 3.22pm on your day off, so no one else will be around to bid 'cos they're all at work or on the school run....

:facepalm:

This is what happens to me all the time....so it's amazing that at the mo I DO only have one full bike!!! :LOL: :LOL:

LikeClockwork":3adut398 said:
It's alright until something turns up on ebay that was the one you 'always wanted' and it's cheap and no one's bid on it and it finishes at 3.22pm on your day off, so no one else will be around to bid 'cos they're all at work or on the school run....

This is what happens to me all the time....so it's amazing that at the mo I DO only have one full bike!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Any are you any less happy with it than the rest of us with lots ?

M-Power":1yw61xry said:
LikeClockwork":1yw61xry said:

Any are you any less happy with it than the rest of us with lots ?

Good question. See, there's another one almost now finished being built, and then I will also probably get one more fairly quickly as I have a spare Kona seat post and clamp....also a spare Trek seat post and clamp....

So the fact I only have one at the moment is very transient....

Back