On-One Inbred 29'er Singlespeed (updated 18/06).

Re:

:LOL: true, I'm not looking at the bike as I'm riding it, but the disgusted looks of passers by told me all I needed to know :LOL:
Even better was when on a climb I passed 2 other bikers on their full-sus rigs, the "WTF??! :shock: " look on their faces was priceless, as I wafted past on a rigid singlespeed with mismatched wheels :LOL: :mrgreen:

I may get a Blackwall tyre for the rear, things like mismatched tyres and rims upset my inner ocd/feng shui, but ultimately I may end up looking for a 29'er frame if I decide that wagon wheels are the way to go.

Forks came with the frame, suspension corrected and take 26" and 29" wheels. Even with a 29x2.4 tyre there's oodles of clearance still :D

Re:

Things have moved on, following my trial of the 69'er option I decided that it was worthwhile going the full 29" route so found myself a new/unused one previous owner On-One Inbred singlespeed 29"er frame !!

All the components (not the wheels obviously) were a simple swap over onto the new frame :) so much easier without cables or mechs to swap over and set up.
I also have some Rockshox XC30 TK forks to go on at some point, but for now the rigid fork is doing the job.
I need to wind on a bit more chain tension after today's ride, but otherwise it's spot on.
I never imagined I'd like singlespeed so much, for most of my local riding it's more than adequate, and when I want to head into the big hills that's when the full-sus comes out to play.

Re: On-One Inbred SS - * Now a 29'er!! *

Liking this Jim I've started collecting parts for a 29er s/s just need a cheap frame and forks now.

Re: On-One Inbred SS - * Now a 29'er!! *

Very nice, very conventional. Preferred the 69er but then i would wouldn't I?

Re:

I feared the cycling mafia were out to get me when I was riding it 69'er style, but it worked, very well.
I'd say the 29'er works just as well.

Re:

Still liking this bike a lot, it's the one I ride the most on the trails local to me, mainly forest single track, nothing too hilly although I've now settled on 32:21 gearing.

Recently picked up some cheap Rock Shox XC30 TK suspension forks purely for summer use (rigid forks will go back on for winter), the seller had taken them off a newish bike (a Cube or Felt I think) and they were in A1 condition but covered in gaudy flouro decals, so I bought some Rock Shox Domain replacement decals from eBay, cut off the "Domain" name, and now have some cool skull decals on the forks instead :D

Some updated pics...

Still love this bike Jim I'm getting parts together for my s/s 29ner build just need a cheap 29ner frame/forks

Re:

Get on with it then!, :LOL: if you've not tried the big wheels yet I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Back