On an animal subject

We rescued a pair of Kune Kune pigs and the sow had a cuddly toy that she would carry around and sleep with, one night she couldn't find it and got frantic with worry charging around the garden crying and destroyed the pig shelter looking for it, one of our dogs had nicked it and hidden it in the house, she never forgave the dog and would try to get her every time she went near.

Number 1 Cat (medium-size long-haired grey) genuinely thinks he's a dog. When we used to live in a cottage off the main road, he'd come for half-mile walks with us, trotting at my heels or along the top of the stone walls next to me. He loves playfighting and being chased noisily round the house/garden. He'll deliberately go outside during heavy rain just because he enjoys being towelled down afterwards. And best of all, he'll deliberately try and intimidate any large dogs he sees - the more anti-cat they are, the more aggressive and violent he is towards them. He once made a mastiff cry and wet itself, which was hilarious.
Number 2 Cat (proper old-fashioned tabby) will sit on top of me or the wife at night if she's hungry, and smack us in the face. If we don't get up the first time, she'll do it again with her claws out. After that, she starts aiming for the eyes. It's the only time she ever scratches us, she's the most docile and affectionate cat for the rest of the day.

I love this thread! Not really a 'human' characteristic (or is it...) but I had a lovely collie dog that would play dead...

If she was running towards you across a field, you could point your fingers at her and shout 'bang!' and she would collapse really dramatically like she'd been shot. If you were close enough to see, she would flutter her eyes too before finally closing them! :LOL:

Twit :facepalm:

Mind you they're not all intelligent, this is one of ours, he's never actually caught anything and will sit by the bird feeder until he is totally covered in snow and we have to go and pull him out. Note the small snow drifts on the ears.
IMG_2200_zps05bff9e0.jpg

Koupe":3hx9s6u5 said:
Number 2 Cat (proper old-fashioned tabby) will sit on top of me or the wife at night if she's hungry, and smack us in the face. If we don't get up the first time, she'll do it again with her claws out. After that, she starts aiming for the eyes. It's the only time she ever scratches us, she's the most docile and affectionate cat for the rest of the day.

Yes, Tatty would do that only it was always four in the morning when she did it, Tatty would tap me on the nose.

Alison

Do people believe dogs can show guilt, my mum's dogs always looked guilty when they did something wrong, but on a tv program recently they said it was Just humans anthropomorphising animals.

What do you think

Alison

Isaac_AG":gu2uv8uw said:
Do people believe dogs can show guilt, my mum's dogs always looked guilty when they did something wrong, but on a tv program recently they said it was Just humans anthropomorphising animals.

What do you think

Alison

That's a big word.... :shock:

There can be absolutely no doubt about the guilt thing, the dogs at work slink about when they've done something they shouldn't have (like nick food). Thing is, if they acted normally I wouldn't suspect a thing! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back