Olympic Cycles Nottingham...any memories..

I think the blue and white one is most likely an Aende badged as an Olympic. Has it got a frame number or chainstay bridge! If not then definitely an Aende with those drilled lugs. Granville is probably confusing it with my own!

Met up with Granville on his stall at Bakewell cycle jumble yesterday, he's a great guy to chat with and he confirmed that the blue and white Olympic is definitely one of their own builds (you probably already know this from your telecon with him).
Great to hear that Granville is still involved with vintage bikes, shame Backewell is so far away would be great to meet up. Granville did confirm that the pictures of the blue and white 753 was built by Paul Coupe so not Aende as Pongo wasn't a 753 approved builder.

Last edited:
On Granvilles stall at Bakewell he had a fantastic white Olympic TT bike on show, I don't know why I didn't take a couple of pics of it.
The frame was something to behold - super short wheelbase and a seat tube that split at about chainring height to accommodate the rear wheel. He said he didn't really want to sell it, which probably means he would if pushed!
When I'm passing I'll drop in and see what else he's got, even though it's later stuff than I go for it's always nice to have a nose round.

This is Granville racing the Raleigh 753 Dynaflite in a 2up time trial, I'm guessing that it's around the mid 80's and how he finally built the machine before it's sale in 2010.

Bike scan 2 001~2.jpg Bike scan 001~2.jpg

Back