Olmo Competition Special

Pff, no dust caps on the crank arms. There goes my interest..

(Just kidding, stunning bicycle Klaas! My Olmo isn't as nice at all)

There is an example of the same model for sale here:

http://www.rijwielensmets.be/#!klassiekers/c1ely

However, I think it's been on there for a while so I couldn't say if their price
reflects what people would actually pay.

Hmm, a bit overpriced I think! Very small frame, respray,...

I mean no valves at all. It is supposed to be a race frame.
A price around 1500 euros would be normal IME.

Didn't know this! Why didn't they used valves on race frames? Just because it's easier?

bonzoxedge":15v096a2 said:
Pff, no dust caps on the crank arms. There goes my interest..

(Just kidding, stunning bicycle Klaas! My Olmo isn't as nice at all)

Haha :). The bike didn't come with crank dustcaps. But, and in contrary to the valve caps, I've read that those caps were often omitted on bikes used for racing because of the (minimal) weight saving? But if I find a set, I'll screw them in. Just don't want to pay those ridiculous prices they ask for them :)

Flandria":2e8zpzjm said:
Haha :). The bike didn't come with crank dustcaps. But, and in contrary to the valve caps, I've read that those caps were often omitted on bikes used for racing because of the (minimal) weight saving? But if I find a set, I'll screw them in. Just don't want to pay those ridiculous prices they ask for them :)

Indeed, the small parts are often the hardest to come by..

Here's my Olmo: http://i.imgur.com/cdmTirgh.jpg
It's not in great shape and it deserves some more attention, but it's in storage now with most of my bicycles :)

Small update, cause I got lucky this weekend.
A week ago, I've got some Olmo stickers printed. Last sunday, I visited a bike jumble. In a box full of old crap I found a period correct REG bottle cage, in an almost perfectly matching colour. For 2 euros. One minute later, I found a matching REG bottle, in near perfect condition. For 1 euro. Awesome. I love it when pieces are falling together :)

Crank dustcaps are also sorted out!

Vgf2mv7.jpg

Ian Raleigh":2eopqdto said:
Did you ever clean the contaminates out the rear brake blocks ?

Hmm, no, haven't done that yet. Do you mean the small 'speckles'? Any idea about how to remove them?

Flandria":3e8e47bl said:
Ian Raleigh":3e8e47bl said:

Hmm, no, haven't done that yet. Do you mean the small 'speckles'? Any idea about how to remove them?
Yes the 'speckles' all you need is a needle to poke at them and pop/flick them out.

Contaminates like those that score the edges of the rim.

I check my brake blocks on my bikes every week and flick out any bits, keeps the rims in good nick.

Ian Raleigh":1i0o0lvi said:
Flandria":1i0o0lvi said:
Ian Raleigh":1i0o0lvi said:

Yes the 'speckles' all you need is a needle to poke at them and pop/flick them out.

Contaminates like those that score the edges of the rim.

I check my brake blocks on my bikes every week and flick out any bits, keeps the rims in good nick.

Cool, thanks for the tip, will check my bikes one of these ;)

You'd be surprised how much crap is stuck in brake blocks, these little black things
are the most neglected parts on a bike but we expect them to work perfectly.

Lovely Bike - unless I missed it - could you let me know from where you got the replica Olmo decals as I need to source some for a frame respray.

Back