Oldest mountain bike in UK?

Depends, if you had the right contacts/suppliers you could get hold of pretty much any tubeset.
Wouldn't get your reynolds "master builder" or whatever it was called accreditation though.

I know a mate of mine got hold of a massive stack of it to build parts of a spaceframe for a hill climb car. Probably not the best stuff to build it from, but cool stickers to have on a car from a bike nerd POV.

Good film. Shame they weren’t more specific about a timeline in the 80’s bit...

Peachy!":3dmw1bfp said:
Film a great medium for storytelling, but putting in too much detail destroys the pace and confuses the narrative.

As an advisor for this film I gave the producers tons of information. However, only a few facts and specific dates made it in to the film.

If their are any specific 1980's events that you would like timings for, I may be able to find out.

GrahamJohnWallace":18oma4lc said:
Peachy!":18oma4lc said:
Film a great medium for storytelling, but putting in too much detail destroys the pace and confuses the narrative.

As an advisor for this film I gave the producers tons of information. However, only a few facts and specific dates made it in to the film.

If their are any specific 1980's events that you would like timings for, I may be able to find out.

I agree, but I think even just a couple of references to dates wouldn’t have hurt (such as when Muddy Fox started & folded for example....) the lack of them didn’t hurt the film which I thoroughly enjoyed.

great thread!!

Apps did make it to the MTB hall of fame so the US did recognise him.
http://www.completesite.com/mbhof/page. ... mberid=209
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Apps

I grew up in Wendover, Aston hill Aylesbury area, and i saw 2-3 high paths in the early 80s- 83-85 but then the industry took off. 80-89 i works in one and it was great to seen new bikes coming out all the time. But by 87-88 everyone wanted Marin, Scott, cannondale, specialized etc. Shame in some ways that we couldn't really compete but maybe that why i am still a sucker for old late 80s British mtbs...

Back