Oh! Crap...

Doh!!! Been there myself.

If you have to spend any cash, I would recommend removing the BB and make a dash for your local auto parts store to find out where to get a proper stud removal job. Process is EDM, and cost about 10 bucks.

I have one around the corner from me and the owner is kept busy removing hardened studs and broken taps from engine components. Takes about 5 minutes to do the operation. We trade work back and forth as when a dude tries to drill out the stud, and makes a mess of the threads, I ream and install a helicoil.

Good Luck on that. :(

Update... :)

I have managed to remove the broken bolt out of the bottom bracket , I started to drill it out, and it spun around in the threads, so managed to unscrew the offending part using a screwdriver .. :)

Job done :)

Thanks guys :) panic over :LOL: :LOL:

.............Now where did I put that wrench :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

as its alloy id jab at it with a screwdriver until it flakes away :LOL:

id do what dyna suggested and wind it out with either an opposite wound drill bit or the screw

shame its not steel , you could build it up with weld until it protrudes past the arm , weld on a nut and just unscrew

Alloy bolts! When will we learn? You know how steel frames might be a bit heavier than alloy ones but are better anyway? Same applies where bolts are concerned IMO.

mtbfix":3bzb5vgd said:
Alloy bolts! When will we learn? You know how steel frames might be a bit heavier than alloy ones but are better anyway? Same applies where bolts are concerned IMO.

I take it this was the Ritchey? Saving weight with one of those must be pretty difficult, Tom thought of most ways! Alloy bolts? One decent fart prior to riding must save nearly as much!

Get Ti bolts :LOL: good advert for a torque wrench though.

Back