Oh! Cardiff…What’s occurring?

It wasn't there, my wife worked a few doors down from that place, did it used to be down Wyndham? My wife bought me some nice lights as I commuted over Blackwier bridge and it got very dark under the trees. (was still commuting on my '91 altitude in early 2000's :) )
It's been a long time now though. Think it was a pretty new shop at the time, quite small.

Ah answering my own question, yes it was exactly where I guessed.

Last edited:
Tom Davies (cycles) Got my first MTB from there in 1989 :cool:

View attachment 780349

Odd couple and not the best at fixing bikes from memory, but they had a lovely old dog. Regarding them I may be completely wrong as I was young and just cared about bikes (& dogs!)
What is worse is I lived about 40 meters down the road from there AND I didn't really know it was there.
There was always a boarded up, derelict looking shop with a few bikes in it, never open.
But not like in the picture..And this was there a year and so before that picture and passed it all time.

What is worse is I lived about 40 meters down the road from there AND I didn't really know it was there.
There was always a boarded up, derelict looking shop with a few bikes in it, never open.
But not like in the picture..And this was there a year and so before that picture and passed it all time.
I went there 1989-1990 before I headed to other shops with better knowledge and bikes. Ended up there as a mate bought his '88 Diamond Back Ascent from him.

Fair do's to Tom, he stopped me buying a proper stupid sized bike. My older brother (roadie at the time) tried to convince me I needed a 21" frame (I'm still only 5' 7" as an adult!) whilst I should have really been on a 15/16" at the time! I eventually ended up on a 19.5" bike that I could "grow into" 🤣

never tried tubeless... oh you mean tubes and tubeless combo?? sounds like all the benefits and no downsides :D :D
That muck in my Wolbers? Are you drunk or just insane?

So freshers week is over & my daughter feels like a minor celebrity, apparently old men (I think she means 40+) keep pointing and saying things like “Peachy’s Claud, tidy!” 🤣

Latest posts

Back