Oh! Cardiff…What’s occurring?

Sunset as mentioned above used to be a very good shop, though my contact with them was back in the '90's so may have changed somewhat.

Other even less useful imput would be to teach her to mend a puncture, make a short film for her to copy of you doing it? cant imagine much else going wrong with the bike apart from that really.

There is this place that the Uni use that may be of use, teach too -

Sunset as mentioned above used to be a very good shop, though my contact with them was back in the '90's so may have changed somewhat.

Other even less useful imput would be to teach her to mend a puncture, make a short film for her to copy of you doing it? cant imagine much else going wrong with the bike apart from that really.

There is this place that the Uni use that may be of use, teach too -

Cheers for the link Mark.

As for puncture repairs, she was building her own wheels at 15!
It’s more that she feels like she can only do it in my workshop with my tools. (Also she can’t be arsed)
IMG_0613.jpeg

There used to be one in Pontcanna / Canton, also one end of Clive Road, Canton (pretty sure we had a post on that and it's well shut).

Absolutely no use to you as it was a couple of years back (or 20) and thing like Maplin still existed and Cardiff Bay was new and exciting.

Last edited:
There used to be one in Pontcanna / Canton, also one end of Clive Road, Canton (pretty sure we had a post on that and it's well shut).

Absolutely no use to you as it was a couple of years back (or 20) and thing like Maplin still existed and Cardiff Bay was new and exciting.
The bike shed?

Steer clear of Bike shop wales, while very knowledgeable I feel they have become complacent with their location being a wealthy area and when you ask for one thing they bundle in 3 other things that did not need doing walking out with a £100.00 bill (but their out of the way anyways she wouldn't go their by accident)

Cyclopaedia, Crwys Road. Haven't been there for a while as I live in West London, but road and raced against the owners back in the 90s when the late Schmoo was organising races...

Super knowledgable mechanics and fully retro compliant 👍

Looking at moving back to South Wales again all being well and look forward to catching up them again!

Tom Davies (cycles) Got my first MTB from there in 1989 :cool:

Screen Shot 2023-09-20 at 11.36.45.png

Odd couple and not the best at fixing bikes from memory, but they had a lovely old dog. Regarding them I may be completely wrong as I was young and just cared about bikes (& dogs!)

So my Princess has gone to Cardiff Uni… & my daughter with her. 😜
So.
What I wanna know is, where to she go bike shop wise that appreciates a RetroBike? You knows, for services/punctures/light repairs etc..
Tidy…
(Please excuse the vernacular, as a family we’ve been religiously playing Gav & Stace to help acclimatise 🤩)

View attachment 778908
Great city to be student. She'll have a great time! 👍

Back