NWA regional ride: Gisburn Forest ~ 17/02/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring the '90 Eldridge, brilliant bike... :cool: :D

Couple of Q's, as I've not been there before:

Flats or SPD's? Thinking things like ''The Slab'', Hully Gully, severe grade routes 'n all...?!
Cafe stop, or Mrs Dossa rustling up some butties?
It's a bit of a schlepp from Birkenhead, if I'm running a tad late is there a certain route to follow to catch up etc?

Ta :D

Flats or spds, eithers fine, all the 'black' sections are optional. I won't be sampling the slab I don't think (17stone and cantis with shimano pads are not overly compatible) but Hully Gully, Homebaked etc and the duck boards are all fine with a rigid bike. I'm thinking the Eldridge.

Hi. Thinking of tyres.. Modern sticky or retro and perished.
Nearly got my second bike built. Just short of a 30.2mm seatpost.
Does anyone have one to borrow or sell that is going on Sunday. Thanks.

There's a few rocky sections which may give the old tyres a hammering especially the pitched stone descent sections, but it's all very grippy terrain, with any exposed rock being coarse gritstone, (makes your hands bleed if you wall the stuff with no gloves on a wet day) not slimey limestone. I'll be on a pair of lightly perished wildslippers.

Have fun on Sunday everyone, I think I'm going to have to miss out on this afterall. I went for my first longish ride of the year the other day [I saw the Pendle Hunt in the distance, I've never seen a real live fox hunt before!] and am incredibly knackered now. I feel particularly unfit, so need to sort this out before the Coniston ride in Spring, which I'm determined to get to. T.T.F.N

Was hoping to make this too but am heading back to work tomorrow :evil:
Hopefully see y'all at the Lakes ride next month.

i was going to make this one, now i am in charge of my lad for the day.
so see you on the next one. weather looks perfect.
look forward to the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back