drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
NWA regional ride: Baslow and the Eastern Moors

baslow-edge-from-curbar-9953.jpg

:: Date: Saturday 22nd August 2015

:: Distance/time: 23 miles approx / 4-5 hours riding (including stops) Gentlemanly pace.

:: Meeting at: Nether End Car Park, Church Lane, Baslow. DE45 1SS (Also known as Goose Green Car Park)
Please arrive by 10.00 a.m. for a 10:30 a.m. start.

:: Directions: Postcode: DE45 1SS
Google Map --> https://goo.gl/maps/bp1xP

This is a pay and display car park and there are public toilets, a cafe and a small sandwich shop very close by.
Not entirely sure on parking charge, but the DCC website lists £5.50 for all day parking, so best to be prepared.

:: Terrain: Typical Peak District tracks, unsealed roads and trails. Rocky, sandy gritstone. Will also incorporate some newly built man made forest singletrack.

:: Route: An all weather route which heads north from Baslow linking the fantastic trails along Baslow Edge, Froggatt Edge, the Longshaw Estate to Houndkirk Road. We'll then take in the newly opened crowd funded trail at Lady Cannings Plantation before a pub stop at the Norfolk Arms in Ringinglow.
The return leg retraces Houndkirk before crossing Totley Moor and over to Big Moor and Barbrook Reservoir. Then we'll cross Ramsely Moor and then pass Wellington's Monument at the top of Baslow Edge, before the final descent.

Many of these have recently been opened to mountain bikes and help form a brilliant circular route.

The pacing will be reasonably gentle and we'll fit in at least one cafe/pub stop. Everyone from all areas is welcome, preferably riding retro of course.

I am in too - dont suppose we could do stanage as well please? and forget the 'The pacing will be reasonably gentle '

Re:

We might be able to squeeze in Stanage.
I went to university in Sheffield so I'm pretty familiar with the area and how to fit in a few extra good bits.
Depends to an extent on the weather conditions as to whether or not we can afford some more miles.

longun":3avm2iqy said:
Hope it stays dryish

The lightening will probably help dry things out...

Seems I do have the car after all, result!

See you there...

DSP - are you bringing a bucketful of pound coins to exchange...? Bloody DCC, don't get me started... :evil:

Re:

Not sure whether I can muster up a bucket of pound coins but the weather doesn't look too bad.
Maybe a little rain later but it least it's forecast to be warm.

See you all tomorrow.

Back