NOS Kirk Revolution... Need help!

jinnan_tonnix":b6k845sr said:
I'm sure it could use a loving home - what's the best way of selling it?

Put it in the for sale forum on here. It'll be sold in a day or 2, possibly 3

Bearing in mind that Magnesium burns (it's the white flares and old flash cubes) I suggest a big flashy Viking funeral.
:twisted:
Rode a Kirk once, better to make the frame out of pasta or playdoh.

I think Kirks are love 'em or hate 'em like Minis.

I sold kirks bitd and they were either ok heavy but ok. or they had a fault in the the magnesium composition and the went floppy really really floppy! you could put your foot on the bb push and without the wheels moving get about 10-15 inches of flex i doubt theres any of those around as there was a recall.

cherrybomb":1g46e8s1 said:
You mean there are people who hate Minis??? :shock:

When I ran a 1965 Cooper 997 back when I was a student in the 80's then there were plenty...

A bit like Beetles. Personally I think they are nastily handling pieces of rusty tat, but lots of people like them...

Hi,
here at my LBS we also had one lying around, I sold it to Ernie Frieke from bikeboosting
and he did a very nice job building it up with Campa
on his site you can see some nice pictures, also close-ups of the rear mech attachment.
Good luck builing up yours!

http://www.bikeboosting.nl/index.php?kirk

He also has a small milling machine or lathe so maybe you can ask him to reproduce the der. hanger.

Arran":33mhsdvz said:
revolution2.jpg

Here come the questions...

Can anyone proviede me with a photo of a Kirk Revolution derailleur hanger? I shouldn't imagine i'll be able to source a new one these days. I'll have to dust off the old Dremmel tool. Here's a close up of the drop outs.

revolutionhanger.jpg

What year is the frame? It doesn't have a serial number. It has a 1 1/8" head tube. I want to build it up as close to 'period correct' as possible.

Thanks in advance for your help!

hi Arran, that's a nice Revo frame you have there. Sorry for the missing hanger though.

Maybe this time Simon's website might be of help, check out the bottom of the page for the actual pics of the dropouts being repaired and replaced

http://www.kirk-bicycles.co.uk/Kirk.htm

Now, seeing that your frame came with a seatpost may i know the exact diameter and length of the seatpost? someone mentioned in another thread that it's 27 but i would like a confirmation on that. Isn't it 26.6 or 26.8mm?

Thanks,
Rob

Back