Non BSO road bike at Tesco for £65

Rampage":u7o1td27 said:
Does it really weigh 30lb?!

Could well do. I went round it today checking with a magnetised screwdriver which parts were alloy, and which steel.

The forks are steel (mentioned in the listing), but so is the front hub and handlebars. I can see the handlebars getting replaced with some others I've got kicking around.

It doesn't feel that heavy though - but my mountain bike is well loaded up with tat.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I think it might be a square taper bolted cartridge bottom bracket in there already. Obviously can't vouch for it's quality or origins though as cannot be assed to take the cranks off.

Fitted some Clarks brake blocks to one of mine today. Considerable improvement in braking. No longer semi-terrifying going down long steep hills.

Back