no more Yeti ARC?

Cotic mentioned recently that 26" bikes were their best sellers and would continue to support them. Chris Boardman mentioned 27.5 was just indecision. They may change depending how things pan out though.

When you look at all the pro's and cons a 26" for me just seems to do alot rather well.

Thing that gets me is that Yeti were one of the last holdouts against the 29er thing and the ARC was a great HT with history etc etc.
Like if i was to look at getting a new HT without goinf custom, then the ARC would be pretty much the top of the list, and now its gone.
See all the US guys scrabble at trying to get one now they realised that they couldn't just get one any time.

Now if it was me (and its not my company or money so means zip) but I would reintroduce one of the names like ultimate or FRO for a carbon 29er and move the ARC production back to the US and only do limited numbers (like very small). If they can do the odd one off road bike for someone when they claim they don't do road bikes, then surely they can pump out a few ARCs a year...or even better ARC Ti's.
But thats what I'd do, but I'd into about to run a company

Chopper1192":hgmklult said:
They need to ditch that single pivot full suss design if they want knowledgeable buyers to take them seriously in this day and age.

Why? Their top three best sellers are single pivot. I ride a Five and love it. I've tried many other full suss bikes but prefer the Five.

I take it you class yourself as one of the 'knowledgeable buyers'. If that's the case why would you bemoan the loss of a steel frame that obviously didn't sell enough while putting down a suss design that is a top seller? Plenty of people seem to take them seriously. ;)

Why? Because its competitively priced, but quite literally years behind in terms of performance. If they could come up with something as effective as Four Bar or Maestro, while keeping the same price (and make the frame/swinger interface stiffer while they're at it) people would be falling over themselves to buy a top performing British bike.

It really isn't years behind in terms of performance though is it. I much prefer my current 5 to my mates old Maestro Giant. As I said before, I've tried loads of modern full suss (Spesh, Giant, Santa Cruz, Trek, Marin, blahblahblah) and wouldn't swap my 5 for any of them.

Oh, and people do fall over themselves to buy them which is probably the reason they increased production of the hand built single pivot bikes and got rid of the shipped in frames.

I don't mind single pivot full sus bikes but for some reason I never gelled with Orange bouncy bikes. Loved the hardtails that I had but hated the Patriot 66 that I had but many others love them. The full builds are expensive and changing the spec from factory doesn't seem to work out from a cost point of view.

I think it'll be interesting to see how the wheel size debate pans out over the next year or two and the impact that it'll have on spares / aftermarket products. I dint think the market will support three wheel sizes, two will be OK (as it has been for the last few years). Could 650b be the mini disc? Popular for a bit then fades away into obscurity?

My team riders are a mixed bunch, one of the lads uses 29's in his duathlon events, the rest are on 26, some are steadfast against using larger wheel sizes. The team's new frames have been designed to take 650b wheels so I'm gonna get some built up on the quiet and see which rider takes the bait to try them out! Sneaky!

Back