Withdrawn No longer available 1992 TREK 7900 MULTITRACK F+F

Captain Stupido

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Wasn't sure whether to stick this in road or MTB - as a do anything hybrid it ought to be as capable off road as on, and the style of it should appeal to a retro MTB fan... Would make a great gravel bike or drop bar conversion... although I was going to build it as a fast commuter.

Images (and text below) shamelessly nicked from the original for sale ad. Please note: since buying I've stripped it, so not all of the bits in the photos are included. BB and headset ARE included. I've also given it a little polish here and there, it's coming up nice.

Anyway:

Trek marketed these as a kind of do-it-all bike (without calling them hybrids!), and having ridden it I reckon it would be pretty good in various different guises - a fast run around, commuter, light touring, winter trainer, even audax or sportive bike if you wanted. I haven't tried it with drop bars but it could probably be set up with them if required.

TREK 7900 MULTITRACK all aluminium frame (not the later alu/carbon version with the same model number) with cro-mo fork. It's actually a very nice frame, light and rides well too! Takes 700C wheels so can be run with road tyres and be surprisingly fast, or since it has cantis proper touring or cross tyres can be fitted no trouble at all. I guess even some modern 29er wheels and thin tyres would work quite well.

English threaded BB shell, 27.2 seatpost, 1 1/8" threaded headset. Rear dropouts are 135mm.

Size is a Trek 22", so going on the catalogue details:
ST = 22" centre to top and 73'
TT = 23" centre to centre
HT is 71'

Included is the all-important adaptor for the front mech - any front mech (of the right diameter) can be used, but the adaptor allows the outer cable to end at the mech cable clamp, and the inner cable to be clamped at the rear of the ST just above the BB.

Condition is pretty good, there is some light paint bubbling around the TT cable guides but other than that all is good.

Some photos below - drop me a PM with your email address if you want more.

Attachments

• DSCN0025_zpsfabhqszd.jpg
    DSCN0025_zpsfabhqszd.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,032
  • DSCN0037_zpsnafz7h7b.jpg
    DSCN0037_zpsnafz7h7b.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 1,035
  • DSCN0036_zps6j1igoop.jpg
    DSCN0036_zps6j1igoop.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,029
  • DSCN0034_zpsgz7wmr0e.jpg
    DSCN0034_zpsgz7wmr0e.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,033
Re:

GLWS :)
I've got the correct Matrix stem for one of these if the buyer wants to head for the OEM set-up ;)

Re: Re:

Once A Hero":2bpju99z said:
GLWS :)
I've got the correct Matrix stem for one of these if the buyer wants to head for the OEM set-up ;)

Nice one, thanks!

Here we go - 1992 Trek catalogue... OEM these came with DX - I was planning to treat it to XT.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-02 17.39.21.jpg
    Screenshot 2019-04-02 17.39.21.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,613
Re: 1992 TREK 7900 MULTITRACK F+F - £50 N. London

That's a lovely colour. It looks like a pearlescent white/cream.

Re:

It's a nice frame, and rides well - I hope someone can get it built and put it to use! GLWS!

Re: 1992 TREK 7900 MULTITRACK F+F - £50 N. London

If you happen to change your mind regarding the postage let me know! still interested.

cheers J

Latest posts

Back