Nickel plate Orange P7

spandexsimon

Retro Newbie
I was only looking for a replacement frame for the broken Kili Team but this was such a good price for the full bike that I couldn't resist:

Orange P7.jpg

I like the rust speckled effect so will probably just put spray the frame with WD40 to stop it getting any worse. It needs the usual consumables (brake pads / cassette / chain) but everything else looks good and pedals / seatpost are not seized. It'll either be set up for light trail riding, or around town use. I love the LX cranks, such an iconic design - just a shame that there's no replacement outer rings available due to the integrated design - unless anyone knows different?

Ooooh that's a good 'un!
A good rub with aluminium foil and soapy water will knock back most of that rust, the staining always makes it look worse than it really is. I use car wax on my P7.

Very nice, but I'm a sucker for a P7 as I can't go 5 minutes without extolling their virtues. Check my posts for my unicorn singlespeed. They are so versatile and ride really nicely. Looks very original (beartraps!) and will clean up a treat. Are they black ano nipples, or just dirty?

Just crying out for a dose of period purple-itis

Love an MX5 too - an itch I've never scratched but is on the list.

Hi

Was that the one on Facebook marketplace in Witham.. if so I was offered it for £100 ,looks better in your photos.

Back