Newer road bike section?

daj":2rotpfsm said:

Is that possible? :LOL:[/quote]

Gotta see it to believe it !!! :shock: :shock:[/quote]

Not wanting to hijack the thread but do you want to go for a spin soon to work of the 'excess'?

JamesM":1kp9m6u6 said:
If you look the sections are Retro MTB 97, Retro Classic Road and Bike Chat 98. So the 98 section is for any bike from 98 on, mtb or road. That's how I've always viewed it and I've seen plenty of posts concerning modern road stuff in the 98 section.

This is true, but to me it doesn't feel like it. It feels like it is post 98 mtb and for road stuff it's like er...don't realy know where to put this, so i'll post here and hope it doesn't ruffle the feathers.
Thats just the impression I've gotten, not saying it's right, just my view. Maybe it's becuase before (if I'm remembering correctly there wasn't road or post 98, but at some point there was a decision to split it and you got pre and post, then road, So i always view the pre /post sections as mtb... but thats maybe just me.

T'boo Ted":a7p9jr24 said:
It feels like it is post 98 mtb and for road stuff it's like er...don't realy know where to put this, so i'll post here and hope it doesn't ruffle the feathers.
I feel the same.

I have never thought to put any road bike stuff in the post 98 section for that reason, although I know a few of the regulars on there are equally at home on a road bike.

JamesM is right, modern road bikes go in the 98+ section.
While I do understand that road bikes and MTBs are not the same, if we have to split up 98+ in road and MTB parts, there will be too little going on to make either section even remotely interesting.

EDIT : more to the point, why are you riding modern road bikes? Are the retro ones not good enough? :p

Raging_Bulls":v58uzsy0 said:
EDIT : more to the point, why are you riding modern road bikes? Are the retro ones not good enough? :p
"I think it has something to do with freedom of choice."

Raging_Bulls":29p33idc said:
JamesM is right, modern road bikes go in the 98+ section.
While I do understand that road bikes and MTBs are not the same, if we have to split up 98+ in road and MTB parts, there will be too little going on to make either section even remotely interesting.

Is that the answer on the request from the powers of above? :D

Back