New vs Retro Dilemma

Well, looks like a hung jury so far .... I keep changing my mind!

One problem that I have is that I'm 6'3" so bikes in my size don't come around often enough for me to be fussy when I build a stable (not that I've found yet, anyway).

I'm erring on the side of the Moots at the moment, but may be swayed by the Niota (I wish Litespeed hadn't "updated" their graphics though). The Moots is beautiful - definitely future retro!

Thanks for all the responses. Any more words of wisdom, please add them!

Woody

Moots are overpriced , get yourself an off the shelf specialized , which will be very performant and no maintenance and with the cash saved buy retro bikes . :LOL:

How about a Vicious Cycles Groover or Sycip Double Dribble? both full suspension frames with proven alu rear ends but steel front triangles, a bit like Shock-A-Billies of the future :D

Stu

For the money, I liked the Scott Scale 20. £2K for a 22lb bike, it beat the competition from Trek and Specialized into a cocked hat. I just can't imagine it sitting in the living room so everyone can see it, though.

The S-Works carbon fibre frames were very, very nice looking but work out around the same as a decent Ti frame when built up.

I've got something to admit ......

moots.jpg

mootspost.jpg

Apologies for slightly freaky pictures, but it's dark and I've got used to the funny looks from riding up and down the road with a big grin on my face!

Up and down the road, she's great! And off the pavement ... that's all I've managed so far as I only got her last night.

I've not ridden a full-bouncer more than round a car park before, but it's super-plush and the disk brakes are soooo sharp and the King hub makes this lovely noise and and and and and .... :)

Weight is somewhere around 26lb I think. Haven't got a decent set of scales - my bike weight spreadsheet came in at 25.2 so there's a bit of margin for error. Not the lightest, but it wasn't about that.

You know you've got the right bike when the mechanic asks to take a photo before you wheel it out the shop!

Racing her on Saturday ... baptism of fire!

Back