New project, 1998 Orange Clockwork Anniversary Edition

Faren

Retro Newbie
I'm new here so first of all, hi folks o/ :) Second of all, I'm a bike fanatic and always have been. Started with a K7, then P7(1996), then FSR (199:cool:, then several motorbikes. And currently ride a VFR (I may have a thing about 'r's!). Anyways, new project.

Recently aquired this, in VERY bad condition but almost entirely origional. And steers like a barge. Updates to come, just ordered some 2007 Rock Shox Reba SL's for it. Chainset is above average (deore / lx) but a little rusty.

Updates to come but for now, some pics ...

CIMG2670.jpg

CIMG2671.jpg

I hope you can see at least the fittings are shot! Advice on a stem would be welcome.

Faren.

CIMG2675.jpg

CIMG2679.jpg

CIMG2679.jpg

CIMG2680.jpg

CIMG2681.jpg

i'd leave the stem as is, unless of course its fooked in which case you can pick up orange sk8 stems on ebay fairly cheaply.

Welcome! Should make a good project mate. Fancy a Clockwork of this vintage myself. Headset and stem should be 1 1/8th so you've loads of choice if you fancy a different one. ;)

looks nice :D

ps , if your changing the full brake set-up can i buy the old ones from you ? :D :D :D

Thank you ^^ . Well, I have seen another thread (I forget when, i'm a lurker) where the chap had installed a stubby Kore stem on the same bike, maybe 3 3/4 inches, and he said it helped the handling ten fold. These do handle badly. Steering is way to sharp for my liking ;)

big.eck":1ks9i2i3 said:

ps , if your changing the full brake set-up can i buy the old ones from you ? :D :D :D

I was planning too, will keep them to one side for you :D

Faren":tpnzfudi said:
big.eck":tpnzfudi said:

they would be perfect for my daughters bike >

IMG_0043.jpg

can't find yellow v's anywhere :roll: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

big.eck":1zr6xjua said:
Faren":1zr6xjua said:
big.eck":1zr6xjua said:

they would be perfect for my daughters bike >

IMG_0043.jpg

can't find yellow v's anywhere :roll: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Surely you could just rattle can the black ones yellow ;) With a decent sanding and undercoat ofc. I add, i hate the yellow, but it is more origional (i still hate it)!

Sharp steering?

Are the forks diving?

Is your weight all on the bars?

Should be sweet handling, if a bit race ready.

Could stick some risers on her and a shorter stem.

:)

Back