10th anniversary Orange clockwork, REBA SL, Avid Elixir R

CapVee

Retro Newbie
Firstly let me say this is not my first post, I have an account from a while back that I can no longer log in to (some people may remember this bike).

I am selling my vintage 19" 1998/9 Orange clockwork 10th anniversary limited edition in green, which has been with my family since it was purchased. They only made a few of these so I can't stress enough that these frames are getting pretty rare now. The paint work has scuffs and scrathes as you would expect from a frame of this vintage but is in overall good condition given the age of the frame. A good t-cut and polish would do it the world of good. The decals are quite cracked and scuffed and don't exactly look fresh, so if I was keeping/buying the bike I would certainly be thinking about getting a new set made up. A lot of the bike has been modernised and the retro fitted disk brakes and high end front forks work faultlessly.
The bike has been stored in doors for the past 4 years since all of the new parts were fitted. The last time I used it was for some gentle downhilling in bowland and the steering was snappy and responsive, the brakes sharp and accurate and the suspension soaked up bumps beautifully when it wasn't locked out. It's a real pleasure to ride. Before that I was mostly using it for the work run for which it performed beautifully as well.

As you may imagine the bike is ready to ride, although it could do with a little fine tuning in a few areas, fresh steel cables etc.

Restoring this bike was a labour of love and the only reason for the sale is that I'm simply not using it anymore, and refuse to store it outside, much to the behest of my partner. It takes up a lot of space so sadly, it's got to go.

Specifications are as follows:
2012 Rock Shox REBA SL front forks with remote lockout
2012 Avid Elixir R disk brakes (A2Z retro fit adapter on the rear)
Art x-country riser
Nimbus EX tyres
Mavic D521 rims with Deore hubs
x-lite top cap (scratched)
Richey Logic head set
Origional stem
Chainset is Deore, although the shifters look like the origional Deore LX rapid fires
Sugino css III crank set, pedals are pretty generic for the time.
8 speed rear sprocket (pretty sure it's shimano deore xt, I can whip it off and check if needs be)
Richey comp saddle with origional orange seat post
Origional friction addiction grips (not in great condition)
Cateye Kosmos (which I've had for 20 years!!) still works great and is included with a new battery

The left hand brake lever is cracked and could do with replacing, although it doesn't affect the operation of the brakes. I have seen the full unit on ebay for less than £30, and SRAM also carry just the housing in their parts catalogue.

Also, for asthetic reasons the rear v brake mount posts have been removed. Although this wouldn't be a huge problem for some people, please consider the fact if you intend on remounting v-brakes as it will likely involve a little work.

All components are in full working order unless otherwise stated. If you have any questions or would like close up photos of a particular part then please feel free to ask.

I would like £300 / but sensible offers will be considered.

I am based near Manchester for pick up. I will not post sorry.

picture share

Added frame size 19 inch.

Back