New classified rules

LTS Biker":30hvvgbj said:
Ahm... what are dibs???

I had never heard of "bags," but "dibs" has been around as long as I have been speaking my native language of...American.

"Dibs" is a claim of possession, although making the claim and enforcing it are two different areas. The rules for "dibs" are unwritten as far as I know, but the first person calling "dibs" expects it to be the only claim necessary, and that is rarely the case.

Example: "Dibs on the front seat!" "Dibs on the red licorice!"

Will be followed by hair-splitting rule interpretation: "You can't call front-seat dibs unless you are touching the car." "You had red licorice last time!"

Or the appeal to authority: "Mom, tell him he can't have dibs."

Repack Rider":jaqaoy24 said:
Will be followed by hair-splitting rule interpretation: "You can't call front-seat dibs unless you are touching the car."

Usually followed by a bit of a scuffle whilst both people have hold of the handle

:LOL:

exbiker":2z8krazc said:
Repack Rider":2z8krazc said:
Will be followed by hair-splitting rule interpretation: "You can't call front-seat dibs unless you are touching the car."

Usually followed by a bit of a scuffle whilst both people have hold of the handle

And intervention by the authorities: "No-one will have the front seat"
To which both parties reply: "Awwww!"
We always used 'bags'. I've also heard 'shotgun' - "Shotgun not in goal!"

foggie?? how odd!

Its Bagsie (in Devon too :))
Never heard of dibs till I came across STW classifieds. Sounds a bit cack to me for some reason :?

Back