New Boulder Stuff

I have not mingled in this whole discussion about the gusset thing because i do not have that much knowledge on that part but i have a big comment/guestion about this.
At first, regardless if it is the right solution, i think it looks fine, nice welds.
Seconds, i can understand the whole stress and flex thing but is this still an issue with a full suspension with a bit of flex?
I think that the stress which is caused buy the power of the peddles is sucked up by the flex of the rear triangle and the supension front fork,..and there is not much power/stress left to cause any problems,..or am i talking bullshit now?
In my honest opinion, i think it would have been a problem with a rigid aluminium/stiff steel frame instead of the flexy full suspension steel frame,.. :roll:

again,..i am just a simple bloke and this is not my specialty ,..just some questions

Update pix. This is my first time posting throughout the build process, be kind... or not! :LOL:

Feedback appreciated.

Probably be a week or 2 before I get the shock back and receive my parcel from Gil. Will update at that time.

...man cave is getting crowded. ;)

Cheers.

Attachments

• Buttless Defiant 2.jpg
    Buttless Defiant 2.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 991
  • Buttless Defiant 1.jpg
    Buttless Defiant 1.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 991
Come on give me some feedback. Is the Syncros stem working or should I go with a black Ringle. I was going to go with Revolution cranks to match the stem, but if I run the Ringle stem, I will have to go with the blue Kooka cranks. :?

The blue kooka's sound ace :cool: should match the cnc work on the headset and forks a treat. For that reason reckon the stem would be better with a cnc number too only I wouldn't go black and too much blue will kill it, silver possibly?

Saying all that just call me a hypocrit :oops: :oops: after looking at my stumpjumper :oops:

love the bike, # 1 job for the gusset and the powdercoating - dont know if you should go for the Manitou (to bulky) - maybe a colourcoded Mag21 ?
just an idea ;)

OK. New twist... (I got busted on this). Pearl gets to pick all the build parts, anything found in the cave. Let's see what she comes up with. :LOL:

Back