New Bike Day – Salsa Vaya

reindeer

Retro Guru
PXL_20230207_142338760.jpg
They were always out of stock or me out of money, now the time was right. It’s going to replace my Soma DCD that had it’s qualities but also a few flaws I couldn’t ignore any longer. The stock steel fork had scaring flex that caused incredible brake screeching, which was suddenly gone after replacement with a carbon fork, steering has always been a bit too nervous for my purpose, bottom bracket was a bit high, toe overlap more and more annoying

Although front thru axle and rear qr seems a strange design but who knows what’s next or if it will be discontinued like others. One grand seems pure madness for a frame off the peg. Anyway! 😌
PXL_20230209_150150754.PORTRAIT.jpg
This will be a very short build thread as I will just swap frames for now and only had to change the front hub to thru axle. Maybe I’ve ordered the wrong adapter for my postmount front BB7. I’ve understood it’s flat mount thru bolt, so I’ve ordered a 160 mm rear adapter, which is possibly wrong cause I just didn’t get it right 🤓
PXL_20230210_081547941.jpg
Sooner or later it will need new tires and I will have to decide if I move on to hydro brakes. Day off and I’m waiting for my parcel with small parts to be delivered to make it rideable 😁

So... it seems I've picked the wrong adapter 🤨
PXL_20230210_111631529.PORTRAIT.jpg
Sheet says 160 mm thru bolt fork and I have a 160 mm rotor. Any recommendations appreciated!

Latest posts

Back