never thought i'd go back to ...

starmagsi":yukdeazp said:
I always felt I was 'clinging on' a little bit, then about 18 months ago I started a new job. The pressure of a stressful new job coming out of a job with a 4-6 hour commute at least three times a week (5 times most weeks) left me unable to keep hold of things for quite a while. The slightest play baccarat could have me in a crying, hiding, mess at any time and I had no power to control it at all.

I know that feel.

;)

Something I've always found as incredibly funny in an ironic way is that cycling is seen as a tremendous help towards fighting depression :LOL:

Attachments

• tfnSlya.jpg
    tfnSlya.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 636
I need to unload. I get told my depression & anxiety is controlling. and my cries for help are a trigger.
I feel like a wilting flower in need of water. wilting flowers can not water themselves, and yet I continue to wilt.
sorry for the post but putting this here is better than keeping it locked inside.
jeff.

Therapy. Not counselling. Proper full-on therapy.

Best thing I ever did and totally recommend it to anyone.

Christ on a stick its been hard over the last few weeks. If the weather had been grey I think it would have been far worse for everyone.

Have been managing to cycle as often as possible so the physical side keeps the right chemicals flowing and have miraculously stayed away from alcohol.

If this had happened this time last year I simply wouldnt have survived.

Ah, this thread, Hello old friend.

I work in a department that has a Major* role in the covid 19 national response... People around me are falling apart. We've been on it since January, and it's not done yet by a long shot. I haven't got it nearly as bad as a lot of my colleagues, and I'm doing minimum 10 hour days, with a 2 hour commute and 12 day weeks (and on call 24/7). Stress at work is off the chart.

Most of us are putting on a brave face because we're all in the same boat, and know it's for the greater good etc. but it's going to seriously break some of us. The pressures (corporate from above, Media, ethical, and physical) are ridiculous. No matter what we do we're being criticised, nothing is good enough or fast enough. And because WE still have to social distance, the measures being put on us make a difficult job near impossible. We're also reminded that because of the scrutiny we're under (again, media, and this time, Legal, QC, HSE) everything has to be PERFECT.

So. Very. Tired. Haven't ridden a bike in weeks. Eating more & still losing weight. Total Zombie.

*not F*****g around here. There's a lot of people out there virtue signalling - I'm not.

Re:

I don't know you all but I wish you all well and can clearly see many are struggling. Hopefully we can all ride out the storm, sit round the fire at Mayhem 2021 sink a beer and talk in person .

Back