Never EVER again....

We were in that situation 2.5 years ago as the landlord said they were considering selling the house we were in but wasn't sure and a week later the letting agents for the house turned up with a young couple for a viewing and and a couple of weeks after that curiousity got the better of me so i checked the letting agents online seen as they were also estatate agents and yes you guessed it an advertisement of our rented property with sold across the pic in the ad so i thought oh well give it till friday seen as it was wednesday and nobody had bothered to inform us so i rang the estate and just asked if their was anything up with the property only to be alls and not to worry and then they hung so i'll not go on about and lets just say the air was very blue to say the least when i called at the estate agents so yes we too had too start looking for a new place to live which another quick move but hopefully my next move won't be till were ready ..

LikeClockwork":107sylcy said:
I'm sorry, I'm going to rant now, I would rant at somebody else but as you lot are my only social life and contact with the real world....

I've just spent the last 5 days helping my parents move house, from something they had been renting into something they have bought. The details are irrelevant however, I just need to tell you I am never EVER going through that again. Two and a half years ago I helped them move after 50 years in the same house. Went, as we say about these parts, 'like clockwork'.

This time...well I'm still not ready to talk about it, but when I am I need you guys to be there for me....

You have my sympathy, i'm 40 this year and have lived in 20 houses... Been at my current address 10 years and the only way i'm moving now is when i'm carried out in a wooden box :LOL:

Re:

:LOL:

Thing is, I've moved loads of times, but just me on my own, with usually one small place's worth of bits and I'm pretty good at clearing out stuff I haven't used since the last move and giving it to charity.... Mum and Dad basically went from a 3 bed house they owned, to a 4 bed house they rented, last time around, and that was their idea of 'down sizing' :facepalm: :facepalm:

Now they've just moved into one of these static home park things, with two pretty rubbish sized bedrooms, but there is a lot of space there for what it is. Just not enough for 50 odd years worth of accumulated junk!! :LOL:

(And Dad's insistence of having a garage as a workshop and storage for all his bikes narrowed down the options in their price range considerably)

It was only two moves ago for me that I set off to work after my last night in the rented house with all my worldly goods in the back of a Fiat Uno! Just my luck I got a flat that morning and had to stack nearly everything onto the pavement to get to the spare. :LOL:
Suffice it to say that couldn't happen now. I'd probably struggle to get just my bike spares in the back of a Fiat Uno. :shock:

I read somewhere that Eskimos put their elderly, when they can't carry their own weight any longer, on an ice-floe and then simply push them quietly out into the ocean ...

Re:

Pop these on them and smile..........

To me, to you!

Attachments

• cb.jpg
    cb.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 411
Re:

The two above suggestions re. ice flows and face masks are still both options I am considering....

Day off for me today, am letting my sister take over and I intend to find a NT house to visit and drink tea and eat cake, and probably worry about how really I ought to be doing gardening jobs and getting paid for it, not sitting around drinking tea :facepalm:

The last time I moved house, we packed EVERYTHING into a Luton van, got to the house, only to be told by the owner that our mortgage hadnt gone through in time.

Back to the flat and had to unpack EVERYTHING to finally move about two weeks later.

This was back in 1999 when house prices were going barmy - we had to give the owner a £5000 cash deposit just to stop us from being gazumped (as we had been on 6 previous houses losing some £3000 in the process)

I have no plans to move ever again unless it a lottery win.

Back