Ned Overend's 1992 Specialized M2

here with his original fork 1'
12085886456_1bb17a437f_c.jpg

Re:

Thanks for sharing! Looks like Ned did a lot of miles on the middle ring.

Also worth noting: the extra washer put on the top bolt of the seat tube cage.

1992%20Specialized%20M2%20Ned%20Overend-2.jpg

We had the opportunity a couple months ago to visit with Ned in his garage and talk about this bike. Enjoy this unique look back into the history books.....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD3xtllsgYk[/youtube]

Love everything about this entire thread! Also just got lost in your TPC YouTube account fo the past hour or so watching your other vids. Too cool! :cool:

Re:

I have a 92 M2 team edition frame exactly the same as Ned overends from the same batch of 50 produced in 1992

I was a student at kingston university in england and my friends flat overlooked a scrapyard and one day in 1994 ten m2 frames belonging to the uk specialized race team appeared and we could not believe what we saw, ran down quickly and bought all ten frames for £5 each !

I kept the red M2 team edition frame and a grey M2 road bike frame which weighs just over a kilo !

The red M2 mountain bike frame has been on the wall of my garage for many years after I used it for several years but I am going to dig it out and now rebuild it realising it is a piece of history

They had stepped on the rear frame triangle to hope no one ever used them again but after a long time we found a welder who could supply M2 welding rods, not easy to find back then and I used it for several years with no problems or cracks

I would love to know how many of the team edition M2 frames survive from the batch of 50 made in 1992, think the frame alone was £2000 back then !!!

Back