Nearly there....

Re:

Keep on doing what you're doing dude cause it's defo doing the trick.

And can we talk about your trousers?

Re: Re:

al-onestare":k0h2dwbb said:

Cheers Alasdair, my sister is also amazed with how I seem to keep on going. I mention you to her tonight.

I’ve got 3 pairs of Urban Camo trousers now, all from e-Bay.

A waterproof pair made by Spada that match my Spada Camo Jacket – they are really good, but heavy for a warm day.

Another pair made by Hornee, that have Kevlar reinforcement inside, which are very roomy and a bit drafty at speed.

And the pair in the picture made by Draggin, which also have Kevlar reinforcement, and fit me the best with a long leg and are just right for a warm day.

Pip.

Good to see you didn’t do ‘double camo’. Only out cheesed by double denim darling.

Great news with results. Can’t anybody do a home flush? I used to do my wife’s daily. It stopped a lot os issues and discomfort.

Got a couple of pairs of Kevlar jeans here. Very comfortable.

Re: Re:

pipmeister":12jqdczp said:
al-onestare":12jqdczp said:

Cheers Alasdair, my sister is also amazed with how I seem to keep on going. I mention you to her tonight.

I’ve got 3 pairs of Urban Camo trousers now, all from e-Bay.

A waterproof pair made by Spada that match my Spada Camo Jacket – they are really good, but heavy for a warm day.

Another pair made by Hornee, that have Kevlar reinforcement inside, which are very roomy and a bit drafty at speed.

And the pair in the picture made by Draggin, which also have Kevlar reinforcement, and fit me the best with a long leg and are just right for a warm day.

Pip.

That's all well and good but Brian and the gang want them back

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tloj9osem6w[/youtube]

No need to ask why I remember this :LOL:

Re:

Oh good grief, I had forgotten that the Urban Camo look had been embraced by that lot.

I was looking into to defending wearing this stuff, when I stumbled across Visor Down’s “Top 10 Crimes against motorcycle fashion”….. and at number 2: Camo Trousers :facepalm:

The whole point of camouflage is to merge with the environment and avoid detection from the enemy forces, but this really doesn’t work when worn on a road bike. Camo trousers are really only deemed acceptable by the streetfighter crowd but that doesn’t make it right.

Oh well, fashion Faux Pas committed. I will say though, that I have been wearing it for years - even to my Niece’s Wedding. If I hadn’t worn something like that to her wedding, and bunged a suit on, she would have said; what the hell is Pip wearing?

Annnnnnyway, I didn’t really finish off the story from yesterday. The blood still didn’t appear from my PICC line even after a blast with the stronger stuff, so they abandoned the idea and used the conventional method to get the test done ready for cycle number 7 on Thursday. I was told to come back the next day (today) to see if the PICC Line was okay after a soak overnight with the same chemical – Sadly not!

The PICC Nurse said that the Line could have become misplaced, but it needed to be sorted out, so they can continue with my treatment. She got on the phone to the relocated Chemo Ward in Bracknell. Next thing I am heading over there on my bike to see the PICC Line (err Technician?) to see if she can sort it out. An X-Ray revealed that it had become twisted back on itself, and was fubar’d.

She said that the body can form fibrous material around the end of the tube, which gets pushed aside when the saline flush is pushed in, but as the syringe is pulled back to drag some blood out, it gets sucked back and blocks the end of the line. If a Nurse pulls back harder on the syringe plunger, it causes a vacuum in the line, and it collapses back on itself :shock: - Oh terrific.

They fed and watered me while they got ready for another PICC Line Insertion, and I signed the consent form. Once they get underway it takes about 45 minutes to insert a new one. They offered to show me the knackered line after they pulled it out, but I declined. So now I have a new one in my left arm. I reckon it’s better that side anyway.

A big consolation for all that grief is that the Chemo Ward telephoned me, and asked if would be prepared to have my treatment at Newbury WBCH on Fridays instead of Bracknell..... Hoo-fu#king-rah

I think I need a little lie down after all that.

Pip

At least its sorted, should make life a bit easier, unless this one got twisted too after insertion :shock:

And im wondering now if Al has any camo gear left from his East 17 days :)

mk one":1i4qo1un said:
At least its sorted, should make life a bit easier, unless this one got twisted too after insertion :shock:
I had a second X-Ray yesterday after the PICC Line had been inserted to make sure it was in to correct position - and that was after I got a bollocking from the Chemotherapy Sister for clearly being in the Sun too much while on the gear :oops: .

The knackered line that was removed was a Double Lumen, which I thought was like a 2 into 1 exhaust, but it is two separate tubings, so each line is a smaller diameter. Apparently they have been failing with other patients, but they were the only ones that were in stock at the time :roll: . This new one is a single big bore version, so hopefully will be better.

mk one":1i4qo1un said:
And im wondering now if Al has any camo gear left from his East 17 days :)
I did mention that I have been wear Urban Camo for years, even my niece's wedding. I refer you all again to exhibit 1: a picture of me at the Dynamo Festival in 1998 ;), nobody pulled me up over this when it first appeared on this thread :LOL:

Dynamo 98 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip

Thats some strong vein action going on there. Sometimes it can take ages to find the buggers - me, no problem, the missus? They hide from the needles!

Back