Nearly there....

Re:

Quite a lot has happened over this past week - considering I am self-isolating :oops: .

I had a Zoom Video meeting with my assigned Sue Ryder Palliative Care Nurse yesterday. She wanted to check to see how I’m getting on, and ensure that I am prepared for my “Telephone Consultation” with Oncology on Monday. It takes me a long time to figure people out sometimes, and I’m still not quite sure what her angle is. I go away from the meeting still feeling somewhat bewildered by her line of questioning. On a more practical note however, she did say that if I am stopped and question by the Police when I am out riding Motor or Mountain bike, to tell them that my Palliative Care Nurse instructed me that I need to be out getting “one form of exercise a day”.

In other news, I’m not one for spontaneity, but I guess this falls into that category or perhaps just a slightly impulsive move on my part, but under the circumstances.....

I traded in my 2006 ZX-6R for a 2017 model on Tuesday.

Getting the motorbike in the first place was an experiment to see if I could still handle one and enjoy it, which I can, and I do. I felt so immediately at ease on the one that I bought, but it had all the rattles and shakes of a bike that is 14 years old. A newer model is crisper, tighter, lighter, more refined and nicer to ride. I got it from the Kawasaki dealership that is on the former Greenham Common Air Base. They are not allowed to have anyone in the showroom :roll: , so they bought two of them down to my place in the back of a van for me to choose between them :) . They gave me a good trade in price for mine, which was a surprise. Anyway, it makes me feel better, which is the most important thing right now.

The bike was delivered yesterday just as it started raining, so I had to wait until the evening when it finally stopped before I could take it out.

It does feel remarkably different from the old one, which I guess shouldn't surprise me. When I consider how two Kona bikes from different years can handle, despite being the same model.

Anyway, it seems a lot more predicable with its handling, and does feel like the geometry has slightly altered; er... improved? Again the mountain bike comparison springs to mind. It was still wet on the roads yesterday evening, so I haven't properly tried it out yet, but maybe later today I hopefully will - rain forecast all morning, but drier later.

These three were taken in Bucklebury, where I grew up, and I did visit mum’s grave in the village, which could be considered essential travel ;) .

2017 ZX6R 170420 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

2017 ZX6R 170420_1 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

2017 ZX6R 170420_2 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

This last one was taken by a neighbour, which does show off the actual colour better than my cheap camera. I also mention this after poor THM had his place broken into. If it is the case that any Crims are cruising this site looking for potential booty, and they have figured out where I am from previous posts – well tough luck buster, my bike is not kept at Pip’s palace. It’s safe in a locked garage some distance from here.

2017 ZX6R 170420 Marks by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Sleep is still all over the place - check the posting time :shock:

Pip

Re:

ahhh - beautiful bike, that is ... nothing better than a crisp, tight, raring-to-run sport-bike between your legs and a twisty/curvy canyon road in your purview, preferably shortly after sun-up ...

congratulations ... and enjoy the rides !!!

Looks much more aggressive than the last one. What’s the thinking behind the can shape?

Keep on keeping on Pip old son. Enjoy but careful now....

The History Man":1xvgldf8 said:
Looks much more aggressive than the last one. What’s the thinking behind the can shape?

Keep on keeping on Pip old son. Enjoy but careful now....
The Exhaust System is an EU regulation with Emission Control. The Manual says it has a Catalytic Converter :shock: . There is an inline butterfly valve controlled by a two way cable further back in the Exhaust. Many riders replace the ugly Can with something sexier looking, but I believe the ECU require flashing to prevent some warning light on the dash.

Pip

Re:

That's good news on the nurse telling you you're 'ok' to get out and ride :D

And lovin the new bike too, nice one :cool:

Looks like it has ABS too!

Re:

I had my 2nd telephone Consultation on Monday with my Oncologist. Again I found it hard work, as I can’t quite get into it the same as face to face.

The short story is, that at halfway through my current Chemotherapy cycles, the Lesions in my Liver have been reduced in size :D . This is what my Oncologist was hoping (expecting?) to happen, and she recommended that I see the treatment through to 12 cycles.

She said that the remaining sites discovered with the PET Scan in December, are still not visible with the C.T. Scan, but even if they were, the current treatment for secondary Liver Cancer would remain the same.

The other bit of good news is that I have been referred to my local hospital for my Chemo, instead of trekking over to Bracknell again. There are only 4 places there, so I’m not sure if someone finished their treatment, or are no longer around :shock: .

Sadly, when I went for my PICC line flush and blood today for cycle number 7, my line was giving grief again. It happened last time, and they couldn’t drag any blood out! They fired some chemical into it to try and shift the blockage – apparently the body tries to reject the intrusion, and some fibrous material builds up at the end near my Heart. That didn’t work, so they blasted it with something stronger. This takes an hour to dissolve the blockage, so I had to hang around the hospital trying to avoid people.

I figured that sitting outside near my bike would be better than loitering around inside the building. Yes I did take my motorbike instead of walking or cycling – You know what it’s like when you get a new toy ;) .

Do Kawasaki know that Newbury & District buses have stolen there iconic colour scheme? :x :roll: :LOL:

2017 ZX6R 210420_3 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Chilling:
2017 ZX6R 210420_5 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip

Re: Re:

shedobits":13adcjpb said:
Great News Pip.
wadsy":13adcjpb said:
Great pic Pip :cool: :D
Cheers Jeff, Cheers Martin.

The pictures I take of myself are with a 10 second timer on my very basic camera. This time it was ballanced on top of my crash helmet, which was in turn was propped on top of my rucksack :LOL: .

The tricky bit is moving swiftly back to get in position, and trying to look composed :roll: . I don't always manage it :facepalm: .

Pip

Back