Nearly there....

Re: Re:

al-onestare":1k4ucsz9 said:
Are those drop bar pegs?

<I know nothing about big bikes>
Yeah that's it - they are sometimes called Crash Bungs, or Frame Slider Crash Protectors. Hopefully I won't need them for the purpose they were designed.

Pip

mk one":mzlkqz8o said:
Be safe and try to keep that front wheel down, for a bit at least :D
I am still overwhelmed at how crazy quick this bike is. When I accelerate out of a speed limit of say 40mph in 6th, it is incredibly quick up to 70mph with just a small tweak of the throttle. Today I tried knocking it down to 4th and opening it up a bit further, and was properly scared as the front seemed to get light and speedometer read something illegal :shock: .

This bike will be having very easy life with me on it ;) .

Pip

pipmeister":k7btdg2l said:
mk one":k7btdg2l said:
Be safe and try to keep that front wheel down, for a bit at least :D
I am still overwhelmed at how crazy quick this bike is. When I accelerate out of a speed limit of say 40mph in 6th, it is incredibly quick up to 70mph with just a small tweak of the throttle. Today I tried knocking it down to 4th and opening it up a bit further, and was properly scared as the front seemed to get light and speedometer read something illegal :shock: .

This bike will be having very easy life with me on it ;) .

Pip

:mrgreen:

Re:

Well I have just got back from the RBH for Chemotherapy cycle number 5, and it was most enlightening.

Despite what we have all been told, there were no precautions whatsoever being observed on the Chemo Ward, or anywhere else in and around the Hospital come to that.

I got a lift there with a builder mate who gave me a mask to wear – he was off delivering some to his team of workers. When I got on the King Edward Ward, I was told very politely to take the mask off as it could cause alarm to other patients who may think that I have the virus :roll: .

All of the Nurses and reception staff were working on top of each other sharing the same monitors and keyboards and paperwork :shock: . Some were joking about Social Distancing, but they simply can’t do their job while observing the guidelines that we have been told to adhere to. I just turned my face away from the Nurse while she was hooking up my Chemo. Elsewhere in the hospital throughout the hierarchy there were maintenance staff, cleaners and Junior Doctors all close up to each other chatting, as if nothing was different from before this virus came along.

I’m not complaining about the situation, just making an observation. It does make self-isolation for someone in my position somewhat pointless. When I do go out for exercise or shopping, I think that I have been careful above and beyond what I see most people doing, so I would say that I am doing my best at reducing the risk to me.

Pip

Re:

Does appear to make a mockery of the general expectation.

Went to supermarket today. Approx 25 people allowed in at any time. Fully stocked shelves. Silent. Very surreal.

Well it was Aldi.

pipmeister":qm2hqnka said:
Well I have just got back from the RBH for Chemotherapy cycle number 5, and it was most enlightening.

Despite what we have all been told, there were no precautions whatsoever being observed on the Chemo Ward, or anywhere else in and around the Hospital come to that.

I got a lift there with a builder mate who gave me a mask to wear – he was off delivering some to his team of workers. When I got on the King Edward Ward, I was told very politely to take the mask off as it could cause alarm to other patients who may think that I have the virus :roll: .

All of the Nurses and reception staff were working on top of each other sharing the same monitors and keyboards and paperwork :shock: . Some were joking about Social Distancing, but they simply can’t do their job while observing the guidelines that we have been told to adhere to. I just turned my face away from the Nurse while she was hooking up my Chemo. Elsewhere in the hospital throughout the hierarchy there were maintenance staff, cleaners and Junior Doctors all close up to each other chatting, as if nothing was different from before this virus came along.

I’m not complaining about the situation, just making an observation. It does make self-isolation for someone in my position somewhat pointless. When I do go out for exercise or shopping, I think that I have been careful above and beyond what I see most people doing, so I would say that I am doing my best at reducing the risk to me.

Pip

It's no different up north Pip, our Chemo Day unit no PPE, didn't see anyone wearing any PPE in the hospital while I was there.

kaya":1cphju17 said:
pipmeister":1cphju17 said:

Pip

It's no different up north Pip, our Chemo Day unit no PPE, didn't see anyone wearing any PPE in the hospital while I was there.

As we now know, there isn't enough

unkleGsif":2m48moaw said:
As we now know, there isn't enough
Indeed that is correct, although I would say that at the RBH, the policy of no PPE was not a supply problem.

My assigned Sue Ryder (Macmillan) Nurse e-mailed me yesterday with this:

"I am just getting in touch to see how things are with you at the moment. How are you coping with self isolating?

I am now working from home permanently and I am able to video call you using Zoom. Have you heard of it? if so we can set up a call next week.

Look forward to hearing from you
"

I replied with what you see in the post above, but she hasn't responded yet. As soon as you put the word "Complaint" into any correspondence with the NHS, they are very reluctant to comment - even though I said, "I’m not complaining about the situation, just making an observation."

I'll write to her again today, as I have now installed Zoom on my P.C. - I also replied to a text message from the RBH saying that I am available for Video Chat for Clinic appointments.

Pip

Re:

To be fair, folks and organisations approaches - mine included - to isolation is very hap-hazard, not just the NHS.

Re:

My neighbour walked into my shed this afternoon. You can guess what my somewhat ineloquent response was.

Back