Nearly there....

Re:

You’ve been through the mill of late with more to come. Glad you can find the headspace to put it to one side for a while and enjoy the ride.

Keep on keeping on.

Re:

I had a rather brief meeting with my Onclologist last Wednesday. We have agreed that the Targeting Chemo drug Cetuximab should be dropped from my Protocol, because of my the intolerance to it. The remaining Chemo chemicals in the FOLFIRI treatment will be administered on their own. That Cetuximab was evil stuff, and there is a very complicated criteria for giving it to Cancer patients. I felt truly dreadful on it with Flu like symptoms, and the rash on my chest and face was really alarming :cry: .

I had a very early start on Thursday on the King Edward Ward at the RBH, which meant that I was out of there by 2:30. I felt a bit vague and wobbly, but not too bad, with only slight feeling of sickness. I have been prescribed three extra anti-side effect drugs on top of those that I already take. It’s become a somewhat complicated routine of taking pills with and without food, and applying ointment! Overall, I do currently feel better than I did at the start of this treatment, but I can't get to sleep because of the Steroids. I have been prescribed an additional course now over a longer time, but with a better weening off period. I also have 2 weeks of Antibiotics to help combat what that Cetuximab did to me :shock: .

I also have some more White Blood Cell boosting injections to self-administer, which should mean that cycle number 4 goes ahead as scheduled.

Now that the Cetuximab has been dropped from my Protocol, I may be able to have the rest of my treatment done locally at the WBCH, so I have been put on the waiting list to have it done there. Sadly they only have four places, and it’s only on a Friday.

I can't cope with riding a bike or motorbike at the moment, as I feel so washed out and vague. I just updated the Kona Titanium Serial Number list, but crikey it was struggle, and I kept messing it up :facepalm: .

Pip

Mate i feel for you. Your a absolute warrior. It feels like i live my life on 2 wheels, and my job is heavily related to it too. I can't imagine not being able to do it, so i sincerely hope you get more great days on your machines very soon.
Rich

Re:

Hey Pip,

You probably know this already but I see that Guns 'n' Roses are at the Spurs ground 29th & 30th May.

Hoping to drop by in March.

Re:

Hang in there. Sounds like some better days are ahead once you get past the effects of that drug. Keep your strength up. And watch out for the ‘roid rage you muscle bound hunk.

Re:

I feel a need to explain the reasons behind a decision that I have come to regarding the immediate future.

My long term plan had been to surround myself with a collection of rare Kona bikes with a view to riding them well into my senior years. To that end I also hoarded enough high end components to keep the collection running for years to come. Sadly those plans were turned on their head last December.

While coming to terms with my diagnosis, I had an inspired idea to clear the decks in my little pad, so as not to leave my elder brother and sister with the task (burden) of dealing with all my possessions. They were encouraging me to keep everything, to use as long as I am able, and not to be concerned about them being left with all my belongings to sort out. As much as that sounded like a good option, I wanted to do it this way, and get moving now while I have the energy and wherewithal. I have already given away my late 70’s Gibson SG to my best mate, and my nephew got my Epiphone ES-335 at Christmas – I have after all still got that Flying V to play!

The biggest problem however was what to do with all of my bike stuff.

My brother and sister simply wouldn't know what to do with 14 complete Kona bikes, 12 frames and a massive collection of hoarded / archived components. I told them that a guy on RB has offered to help me out, and that we have agreed a deal to initially let most of my collection go, but keep 4 bikes for now to ride while I still can. It will be good for him too, as he can work at his own pace to part the collection out, and have a bit of return for all the work involved.

I absolutely could not face doing that work myself; dismantling my collection piece by piece, then advertising it and selling it all off as I become too poorly to ride - it would be upsetting for me, and probably beyond my ability. The agreement was very hard for me to come to terms with, but under the circumstances, it is the best outcome for the collection. As I mentioned, it avoids the problem for my folks.

Please, repeat PLEASE do not contact me on this thread or by Private Message asking for the right of first refusal on any of the bikes or components. A new thread will appear soon-ish, and all will be revealed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Pip

Re:

You know how I feel about this so I'll say no more other than I'm really pleased you've kept hold of the ones you love the most.

Good vibes and enjoyment are super important no matter what form they take. They have immeasurable value far beyond money and wealth.

Keep the spirits up!

Back