Nearly there....

Re:

A bit of an update for you all.

I have now completed my 2nd Chemotherapy Cycle, but it wasn’t without some issues. My White Blood Cell Neutrophils were running low before the start of the treatment. Sadly after the 1st Cycle, they fell below the threshold permitted to give my 2nd cycle, so it was postponed for a week. Upon receiving the test results 2 days before the rescheduled 2nd cycle, it was still too low to go ahead. I was instructed to get to the Hospital early in the morning of the rescheduled date for my blood to be tested again and fast tracked through. Rather surprisingly, it had risen enough over the 48hrs to go ahead with the treatment. This meant however that I got off to a late start.

I had agreed to add the extra Targeting Chemo Drug Cetuximab, but it needed to be infused slowly, and then halt proceedings for a while to see how I reacted to it on the Ward. As I didn’t seem to have any immediate reaction, they continued with the rest of the Protocol. With this procedure, it did mean that it all took 7hrs in total. As I didn’t get started until nearly 11am, I didn’t leave the Hospital until 6pm :roll: . The support Steroids that they infuse during the process did help with fatigue, so I was relatively perky by the time I got home.

I have been prescribed a course of G-CSF White Blood Cell boosting injections that I have to self-administer, so hopefully cycle number 3 could go ahead in a fortnight as planned. I will have a C.T. Scan at 3 months to see how the Cancer is being affected by the treatment. If it is not responding to the Chemotherapy, they will recommend stopping at that point. If the Cancer is being reduced sufficiently, and I am coping with the side-effects, they will recommend seeing it through to all 12 cycles lasting 6 months – notwithstanding the occasional postponed cycle.

What I still don’t know though, is how long before I start to notice any symptoms, and how will I feel when I do. How long can I continue to ride for, and what should I do instead of riding when I can’t cycle in the manner that I am accustomed to. Pottering around on the canal tow path or being dragged along by an e-bike is not what I call cycling.

Anyway, on a more positive note, the somewhat inspired idea of buying a motorbike has now happened. I did my usual in depth research taking into account my slight build and limited strength, and had narrowed it down to a couple of models. I’m sticking with Kawasaki, but coming a little more up to date with a mid-sized nippy little number. It is not a Cruiser, or an Adventure bike, but more resembles an X.C. MTB riding position that I like. It was at a dealer in Farnham and I took it for a test ride on Tuesday. I felt comfortable and confident on it enough to blast up the A31 :D . Back at the shop, I paid for it, and bought a sensible jacket and trousers - I turned up in a leather jacket and jeans for the test ride. I very nearly rode it the 35 miles home on the day, but it has been a year since my refresher course, and they offered free delivery. It is due here on Thursday, so I’ll pop some pictures up after that ;) .

Pip

Re: Re:

pipmeister":2hzjotn3 said:
Anyway, on a more positive note, the somewhat inspired idea of buying a motorbike has now happened. I did my usual in depth research taking into account my slight build and limited strength, and had narrowed it down to a couple of models. I’m sticking with Kawasaki, but coming a little more up to date with a mid-sized nippy little number. It is not a Cruiser, or an Adventure bike, but more resembles an X.C. MTB riding position that I like. It was at a dealer in Farnham and I took it for a test ride on Tuesday. I felt comfortable and confident on it enough to blast up the A31 :D . Back at the shop, I paid for it, and bought a sensible jacket and trousers - I turned up in a leather jacket and jeans for the test ride. I very nearly rode it the 35 miles home on the day, but it has been a year since my refresher course, and they offered free delivery. It is due here on Thursday, so I’ll pop some pictures up after that ;) .
Pip

:cool: :D

mk one":3tzwv0aa said:
Correct :)

2006 ZX-6R: The model is ZX636-C6F, with slightly more torque then the 600s.

It is a very understated example in silver with most of the Decals removed. Any ZX-6R can look incredibly dynamic and striking with full on Ninja livery, but I quite like this bike’s denuded minimalism.

Pip

Re:

Your an inspirational guy, Pip.

Some great memories and photos on this thread too.

Thought you might like this photo as a fellow Kwikasfuki fan. My New z900RS and my good friends 79' Z650.

All the best mate

7TUbYi5.jpg

Re:

Thank you very much for your kind words.

In a extraordinary coincidence, I looked into getting those very two bikes when I had the idea of riding a motorbike again. The z650 is a beautiful machine, and I remember being envious of a friend who bought one in 1978, when I myself bought a new Honda CB550 Four K3. When I did my refresher course also went to a local Kawasaki dealer and sat on a z900RS. They offered a test ride, but I though even then it would be a little too big and heavy for me.

Pip

If you need a parcel delivered I’m your man.

Attachments

• 2FD04A2A-ED3D-4222-A1E5-2FE4B21703CD.jpeg
    2FD04A2A-ED3D-4222-A1E5-2FE4B21703CD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 273
And if you make it up here........ you have a choice of wing men/bikes.

Attachments

• 87C5639A-174B-4D52-B0BE-93F7B0E454C2.jpeg
    87C5639A-174B-4D52-B0BE-93F7B0E454C2.jpeg
    746 KB · Views: 272
Back