Nearly there....

Re:

Small world Pip, after a managers meeting we went for a "swift half" in the Clocky, knowing it's reputation I removed my suit jacket and tie before going in. Just as well as a girl cut my bosses tie off before he had even got the drinks in! :shock: I've never been back.
In case you think I'm too conservative I used to go to the same place off The Strand on Sunday afternoons, (earlier decade mind) and got into a fight (over a girl), I managed to escape the bouncers in the crowd but the girl was already with someone else.
Small World indeed.

Re: Re:

shedobits":1fmu2ojj said:
Small world Pip, after a managers meeting we went for a "swift half" in the Clocky, knowing it's reputation I removed my suit jacket and tie before going in. Just as well as a girl cut my bosses tie off before he had even got the drinks in! :shock: I've never been back.
In case you think I'm too conservative I used to go to the same place off The Strand on Sunday afternoons, (earlier decade mind) and got into a fight (over a girl), I managed to escape the bouncers in the crowd but the girl was already with someone else.
Small World indeed.
Hi Jeff, yes the Clocky was indeed a proper Den of Iniquity, where normal pub rules and etiquette didn't apply.

The Lyceum in Wellington Street just off The Strand was a great venue to see a band. Karl has recently suggested that we do a tour of the London venues this summer where we used to see bands play. Some have gone now, but the Lyceum is still looking good.

Pip

Re:

This pic screams 90's to me the tee says it all... you ARE a Legend Pip :cool: :cool:

More Pics please sir ;)

Attachments

• 49468832927_aa21f1709a_z.jpg
    49468832927_aa21f1709a_z.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 2,234
Re: Re:

joe careless":1kwk5fuc said:
That the Black Swan?
Blimey, yeah that's the place. It was taken in 1988; my dad retired down to Tiers Cross, so Karl and I would stay there for a week and do all the pubs in Haverfordwest and Broad Haven. Oh my goodness, that pub called the Galleon on the sea front at Broad Haven, which didn't seem to observe 11pm closing time :shock: .

kaya":1kwk5fuc said:
This pic screams 90's to me the tee says it all... you ARE a Legend Pip :cool: :cool:

More Pics please sir ;)

Ah yes..... that Tee Shirt. I clearly didn't give a F#ck.

I'm surprised that I didn't get into more grief wearing that sort of thing. Back in the day, I was never particularly militant about being a Friend of Dorothy, but I had a few Tee Shirts that I would wear just to tweak the nose of controversy :facepalm: .

Here's another that I had with a print by Tom of Finland. Vivian Westwood and Malcolm McLaren famously sold them in their shop in the Kings Road; Steve Jones from the Sex Pistols wore one of them by the same artist showing two Cowboys on that notorious Bill Grundy interview TV show.

Patsy (Karl's Girl friend), two sqaddies from 2 Para Machine Gun Platoon and me - not in the Clocky.

Patsy Al Pip Steve by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Talking of Tee Shirts and the Clocky; There was a little contest each year to design a Clocky Tee Shirt. I won 1989:

Clocky T Shirt 89 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

And here is the back of one from the 90's, which was an attempt to look like a Band's tour dates. Remember when pubs had these opening hours :D :

Clocky Tour Dates opening hours by Philip Mock, on Flickr

A couple more from Donington Monsters of Rock Festival;

Chilling out in the camp site. Kate, Graham, Emma (Graham's wife) and me:

46602_498771097795_5167996_n by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Inside the main area. You can see the Dunlop tyre over the race track:

Donington big crowd by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Another couple more from the Dynamo Festival in Holland '96. We mainly when to see Venom that year who had reformed to headline the Saturday night.They used to do a Pyro check to see how close the band could stand to the explosions on stage :shock: . Sod that, I got shell shock from being a good few yards back from the stage.

Me camping - literally.... I didn't do the sign; that was my mate Graham's work:

Donington 9# by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Not a great shot, but It really reminds me of how good that weekend was. This is on the original disused runway of the Dynamo festival site just waiting to go in. Me, John, Emma, Graham, Coz (Clocky Land Lady :) ) and the top of spliffy's head.

Dynamo Runway 96 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

One of the best experiences of my life was when I blagged three free tickets from Sharon Osbourne' office to see the reformed Black Sabbath in 1997 in San Bernardino. We thought that it could NEVER happen, but after 19 years, my dream came true. It is a story that requires a post of its own, but I mention it here as I did the whole trip with Emma and Graham.

This is Reading Festival in '95 - we mainly went to See White Zombie on the Sunday who we saw the day before at Donington Monsters of Rock. It was the only time the both Festivals fell on the same weekend in August. I woke up early Sunday morning at the Donington Festival (in Leicestershire) and rounded up the posse to blast back down to Reading. We just about got there as White Zombie were coming on stage.

Carole-Ann, Andy (Clocky Posse Team Leader), Spliffy and me - not wearing Oakley's... I think they were free from Mcdonalds :LOL: .

Reading Festival 95 by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Finally for now, me on my Chopper - yes that exposed Shaft Drive was a bit lethal for the pillion :shock: :facepalm: :shock: :

Kawashimak by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Pip

Brilliant mate, love seeing old pictures :D

Did you build the hardtail?

mk one":ovce4ry3 said:
Brilliant mate, love seeing old pictures :D

Did you build the hardtail?
I didn't build it Mark. I found it in the Classified Ads in one of the Motorbike mags. It was in a really dodgy place in Wiltshire that took in all sorts of motorbikes. The front end of the frame is a Z650, but the engine was from a Z1000 ST. The former keeper on the Log Book had a girls name, so goodness knows what she was like, as it was a beast of a bike to handle. I used to ride it to the Bulldog Bash each year, which was run by the Hells Angels and not for the faint-hearted.

Pip

Back