National Retrobike MTB Ride 4: The Quantock Hills 12 July

I was looking forward to this too but after tearing all the ligaments in my shoulder last week I'll be lucky to be riding a bike with suspension for a while let alone anything rigid :(

Re: Re:

Rob H":y4o7ygp4 said:
Sorry but I'm not going to be able to make this one, I've trapped a nerve in my back, so having to give the ridged bikes a wide berth for now.

MarkB":y4o7ygp4 said:
I was looking forward to this too but after tearing all the ligaments in my shoulder last week I'll be lucky to be riding a bike with suspension for a while let alone anything rigid :(

Bring whatever bikes you want chaps, doesn't have to be retro. There will definately be some modern bikes there.

superstu":256p058s said:
I'll try and make this one. Not sure what I will be riding but will be good to see a few of you and I've not ridden there before.
Gutted but this clashes with 140 mile (over 2 days admittedly) charity road ride so wont be able to make it

Re: Saturday

Looking fwd to this - loading the van now & camping at Minehead tonight. Trails should be in nice condition. Hoping for a big turnout!

coomber":2ndhhyb4 said:
Kids are down with flu so if I make it I might have to shoot pretty sharpish.
You missed a good'un.

Rigid bikes with canti brakes?

On the Quantocks?

Good Lord!

DSCN0560_zpsfe79f8c3.jpg

I can see the Quantocks from where i live and the weather looked good for the ride today. Gutted I couldn't make it but I reckon my shoulder is 3-4 weeks away from even a gentle mtb ride.

Hope it was a good one for everyone :cool:

Re: before pic

Great ride & good company thanks Tom. No mechanicals, punctures or crashes (yours wasn't really a crash Neil!) Great weather, surprisingly good coffee & cake at the Plough. Just a great shame there were so few of us on a "National Series" ride.
Before ride photo with 4 skinny steel bikes from Muddy Fox, Independent Fabrications, Dekerf & my polished "no-name" + lovely '87 Cannondale & sweet ti Ibis.

Attachments

• minehead 008.JPG
    minehead 008.JPG
    274.2 KB · Views: 1,380
Back